• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

This has bugged me from the get go. Web of the Widow did NOT introduce a new goddess into the pantheon, it simply introduced a cult that believed in one. I reckon there are all sorts of folk that participate in such things.

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

Web of the Widow received some harsh criticism on it's release. Not all of it was, IMO justified. From memory the percieved problems were:
    The maps were horrible (I'm sure that this problem wouldn't arise with a Kelestia production).
    The maps mape changes from previously published maps (I sincerely hope that this wouldn't happen with a Kelestia production.)
    The plot introduced a new god(dess) into the pantheon. In my view there is enough good stuff in canon without needing to make such a major change.

Neil

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

Neil

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

As I understand it, Web had some connection to Lothrim, and thats what a bit campaign needs; juicy secrets revealed.

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

I recently spent a few hours chatting with a friend in Brisbane who used to work for Auran, but no longer does.

After Auran terminated its contract they converted Web of the Widow into 'generic' content and gave it away for free. Then they followed it up with the two sequels (I'm not sure about the names, but I'm told they were published). I'm sure the Auran D20 page(s) can tell you about this... you'll have to dig a bit to see what's what, though. Naturally any similarity to WoW is purely coincidental and all that :)

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

Yes that would be awesome. So long as it show cases the magic of the setting.

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

Yes that would be awesome. So long as it show cases the magic of the setting.

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

Would such a campaign have to be set on Hârn?

There is *tremendous* scope of such a campaign in the relations between Shôrkýnè, Palíthanè, and Tríerzòn....

?

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Campaign   10 years 2 weeks ago

Would such a campaign have to be set on Hârn?

?

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 2 weeks ago

Well, one must admit that acquiring a collection of nasty oncs did rather impact the production schedule. As of this moment, however, I am feeling quite a lot better and working hard to complete a series of new products, some of which should be out by Christmas (2007)...

Of course I couldn't do this without the incredible help I'm getting from the HârnMakers Guild.

I'd also like to thank the many good folk, including lots of new people (well, not new people... they have credit cards so they're not entirely new... but you know what I mean), who have been buying so much stuff (even without our publishing a lot of new products). Our market is actually *expanding* and that's remarkable.

Anyway... Thanks for asking :)

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 2 weeks ago

Anyway... Thanks for asking :)

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 2 weeks ago

I need a Xmas present, last year was really sad. Is that the sort of time line you are operating on?

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   10 years 2 weeks ago

• House Rules   10 years 2 weeks ago

That's not a bad idea at all... I suppose the first thing is to see what format houserules should be displayed (downloads or forum entries) and go from there...

• House Rules   10 years 2 weeks ago

• Where is your current campaign set?   10 years 2 weeks ago

We had this poll before, and it had the same responce, better to ask 'were on Harn'

• HarnCon V - The Full Moot   10 years 2 weeks ago

Quite splendid really. It was a great event.

Roll on Vancouver 2008!

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• HarnCon V - The Full Moot   10 years 3 weeks ago

What an ATTRACTIVE group! :)

• Paciphibian World View   10 years 6 weeks ago

Agreed, Pan-Galactic is a term that should only ever be applied to Gargle-Blasters.

• Paciphibian World View   10 years 6 weeks ago

I think 'pan-galactic' might be a bit too extreme a term... I don't see how you can go bigger than 'solar-systemic'... hmmm... since it's a diskcentric or globecentric system, I suppose it's actually "pre-gallillaic-globecentric-systemic". So... er...

I just realised there's no 'sun' orbiting the sphere on a tropical-planar orbit. I expect the lighting could get a bit tricky.

It's nice that *someone* is talking about *something* :)

• Paciphibian World View   10 years 6 weeks ago

Of a magical pan-galactic-sized elephant's forehead? Who knows....

---------------------
    Alsínon must fall!

• Paciphibian World View   10 years 6 weeks ago

Turtle shells? what's the freezing point of an elephant's forehead?

• Paciphibian World View   10 years 7 weeks ago

Hey, the idea goes back a very long way and I first drew something like this up long before I ever heard of Pratchett :)

Anyway... see it's not a disk unless you're standing on it.