• Ivinia and Shorkyne   9 years 46 weeks ago

I would LOVE to see some of my favorite parts of Kethira get the same treatment that Chelemby received. In fact, the Chelemby modules have re-ignited my passion for NRC's game world (which had slacked off under the former / competing regime with its RE-publication schedule).

I'd also second the idea that Harn has been thoroughly developed. Even if Kelestia Productions released all new Harn material, it would still be repetitive to some extent . . . but who wouldn't love to learn what NRC has hidden away in the underdeveloped places like Shorkyne and Ivinia!

Just the thought of having a complete Hurisea like I will soon have a complete Chelemby gives me shivers . . .

• Campaign   9 years 46 weeks ago

no arguments from me about the maps :)

• Campaign   9 years 46 weeks ago

no arguments from me about the maps :)

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   9 years 47 weeks ago

Chélemby is most certainly in the works; in fact the text is all written, it is being edited as we speak.

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   9 years 47 weeks ago

---------------------
    Fástred al Beréma,
    Rówanti al Sávè-k’nôr

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   9 years 47 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure that several people are working on Chelemby City. Keeping consistency and catching errors in a city article for a city the size of Chelemby must be difficult.

Neil

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   9 years 47 weeks ago

Neil

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

Ken, you're right. But IMO this was not made clear in the adventure. I have to admit that It's a few years since I ran it, so I should re-read it before making too many comments. I changed major parts of the adventure (for one thing, I made the 'big bad' one of Panaga's henchmen) and there were a lot of little errors in the plotting.

But, the problems with it (from my perspective) were the maps, which annoyed me so much that I drew my own (that's an old story). Given the reputation of CGI's (at the time there was only CGI) maps I'm surprised no-one there pulled them up on it. Certainly the Minilaous keep map, though in colours and textures looks close to a Kelestia map, in design it's, er, not very good.

Allan, big, intrigue and secrets is good, but it needs the entire plot figuring out before you start writing it and it needs to fit with canon. The easiest way to do this is to write the canon yourself! Still, Nurisel and Lothraem intrigue me, and a comment on the HarnForum about Nurisel's lands have got me thinking.

• Where is your current campaign set?   9 years 47 weeks ago

The polls doesn't have an option for "not in a campaign". :(

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   9 years 47 weeks ago

What else might be in the works, Robin? A while back you mentioned a detailed article for the city of Chelemby . . .

• Venârivè (Northwestern Lýthia)   9 years 47 weeks ago

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

I have played in and ref'd Web a number of times and like it. It had the feeling of something big, intrigue and secrets. I would like to see something similar, and as pointed out, it does not have to be on Harn. I designed a big campaign for Chelemby, but was waiting for some more releases.

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

This has bugged me from the get go. Web of the Widow did NOT introduce a new goddess into the pantheon, it simply introduced a cult that believed in one. I reckon there are all sorts of folk that participate in such things.

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

Web of the Widow received some harsh criticism on it's release. Not all of it was, IMO justified. From memory the percieved problems were:
    The maps were horrible (I'm sure that this problem wouldn't arise with a Kelestia production).
    The maps mape changes from previously published maps (I sincerely hope that this wouldn't happen with a Kelestia production.)
    The plot introduced a new god(dess) into the pantheon. In my view there is enough good stuff in canon without needing to make such a major change.

Neil

Neil

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

As I understand it, Web had some connection to Lothrim, and thats what a bit campaign needs; juicy secrets revealed.

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

I recently spent a few hours chatting with a friend in Brisbane who used to work for Auran, but no longer does.

After Auran terminated its contract they converted Web of the Widow into 'generic' content and gave it away for free. Then they followed it up with the two sequels (I'm not sure about the names, but I'm told they were published). I'm sure the Auran D20 page(s) can tell you about this... you'll have to dig a bit to see what's what, though. Naturally any similarity to WoW is purely coincidental and all that :)

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

Yes that would be awesome. So long as it show cases the magic of the setting.

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

Yes that would be awesome. So long as it show cases the magic of the setting.

• Campaign   9 years 47 weeks ago

Would such a campaign have to be set on Hârn?

There is *tremendous* scope of such a campaign in the relations between Shôrkýnè, Palíthanè, and Tríerzòn....

?