• Coráni Empire - Architecture   1 year 18 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback, exactly what I was hoping for.
    You're right, and where I was starting with the influential architects, periods of rebuilding, economic booms, and other advacnements in technique, style, and the spread of these factors.

Aside from that, am trying to get my head around the various religious doctrines and their influence on building, which brings shifts in style, as well as wealthy patrons contributing to the formation of groups and being fed by the influx in followship of flock. In short, popularity of a certain style alongside growth of the society around such structures.

Other big factors in this, are such historic influencers as King Andasin I, the Order of Hayvrik, in the period around the forming of the Order of the Checkered Shield (for example), and a shift in a new era of buildings with a flucuation of "the" style of the moment. Something atkin to a shift in the newer buildings like the Normans in England that built new fortifications and creating a new style in the process, and later absorbing outside ideas that mould it into another, like gothic.

What actually got me to thinking, aside from Coráni, was the other minor Kingdoms such as Aléathia, Moleryn, and how these smaller groups grew and expanded bringing in change in styles, right down to say Rolin and Taryn of Melesen, immigrating from Mèlderýn to Aléath, they are joined by Genin, contact with Sindarin, and when Thay is founded becomes a cauldron cooking up the next batch of style into yet another.

The growth of Àgrík(& Pàmesáni etc.) and their influence is something I'm not too familiar with, but using various sources such as Summa Venârivè and Summa Venârivè helps in the reasearch part of this process. (from Móralin the Wanderer through to Mámaka and his building programme, outside contact with pilgrims coming to Lysâra).

Pity there isn't a source that describes the civilisations such as Coráni and Ázeryàn and others like Târgan and their influences on building (like cement) and so on, into a history series. Especially if it was split into the inluencing factors such as Economics, Religion, Politics, and spread of new ideas and technology through expansion, migration and wars. The hardest part is adding ideas to expand the growth of a tribe into a new Kingdom, or how the contact with such tribes changes the way in which things unfold.

I wonder too, how much influence do you think Guilds and other institutions like the Shèk-Pvâr chantries influence change?

• Coráni Empire - Architecture   1 year 18 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback, exactly what I was hoping for.

• Coráni Empire - Architecture   1 year 19 weeks ago

For the Corani, I would start by considering the ideas of Órcharan el
    Lanádes - the first architect to merit being named in the Venârivè and Summa Venârivè publications. His fame rests on his role in the rebuilding of Livélis, c.TR307+. That corresponds roughly to the apogee of the Azeryani Empire and the beginnings of the Corani, so it seems likely that the Corani would have been strongly influenced by him.

According to Summa Venârivè, the Imperial Style was augmented by "techniques from Emélrenè" over roughly the next 200 years. I agree with your reading - I believe the result was something akin to Romanesque. "Over two thousand significant temples and other religious buildings were built across Venârivè between tr300 and tr500." Surely a few of those must have been in the Corani Empire, and given the general implication in the text that these were mostly Laranian, I would assume that Kanday would have most of these examples.

Summa goes on to describe the later works in this style in some detail. According to Summa, Shélcomb Minster, in Tríerzòn, was built in TR509 and it sounds very reminiscent of Romanesque style. The architect is named - Álmos al Daváles - but of the 20 temples he designed, none seem to have been on Harn. Still, I'd imagine that his works would have been influential in Aleathia and the later Kanday, as those states surely would have been looking for models appropriate to their Laranian and Peonian sensibilities - and as far from possible from Morgathian, Agrikan, and Halean aesthetics in Golotha, Coranan, and Shiran.

Summa also mentions Agrikan - really, Pamesani - architecture spreading to Harn in this period, as well. And there is a statement on residential architecture (in Meókolis, at least) - "notable ... for the idea that individual citizens could contribute to the civic architecture ... The trend towards individualism began in this era, and it would accelerate in the next."

One final note from Summa - modern architecture seems to fall short of it's pre-plague excellence. "Even when the structure is sound, the modern efforts are visibly inferior to their older models in both detail and workmanship."

It seems like there's plenty of meat there for you to start with. I imagine a Corani style as a base, drawn from Órcharan el Lanádes. Later, a southern (Romanesque?) style emerges from Tríerzi/Laranian influences, and a more individualistic style in the cities of the Thard, influenced by the later Meokolis/Agrikan styles. Finally, a retrenchment due to the Red Death.

I'd love to see what you come up with for interpretations of these architects and their "schools". And I know I'm not alone - I love the fact that we have a game world where this sort of project is actually meaningful for a lot of people.

• Coráni Empire - Architecture   1 year 19 weeks ago

For the Corani, I would start by considering the ideas of Órcharan el

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 21 weeks ago

I bought the Emelrene map just now, thinking the problem solved. Apparently not, and it has not appeared in the email I received with the download links for the items I just purchased.

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 21 weeks ago

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 22 weeks ago

Pálganir is one of the counties of Palíthanè. It is held by clan Firlíyan, from the King of Palíthanè. All of Pálganir county lies within Nórimar Shire; the Sheriff of Nórimar (Bjorn al Dúren) has his seat at Týreden Castle, near Párahal city.

As noted, the county has four major holdings:
    - Ámdon Castle - seat of the Count
    - Erébis Castle - held by a younger brother of the Count
    - Fingélon Keep
    - Lúthen Keep

Three baronial clans are vassals of the Count:
    - Barons of Gwédnor & Quéri (clan Tórenasyn)
    - Barons of Môrgwin (clan Sóralas)
    - Barons of Nanéshyn (clan Fírlos)

In addition, the Bishop of Pálganir (who happens to be a brother of the Count), holds Kuzímè Abbey for the Laránian Church, as a vassal of the Count.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 22 weeks ago

As noted, the county has four major holdings:
    - Ámdon Castle - seat of the Count
    - Erébis Castle - held by a younger brother of the Count
    - Fingélon Keep
    - Lúthen Keep

Three baronial clans are vassals of the Count:
    - Barons of Gwédnor & Quéri (clan Tórenasyn)
    - Barons of Môrgwin (clan Sóralas)
    - Barons of Nanéshyn (clan Fírlos)

• Hepekeria?   1 year 23 weeks ago

There is a lot in the queue, but none of the four regions of Hepekeria are near the top.

• Hepekeria?   1 year 23 weeks ago

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 23 weeks ago

I have the same problem, Map is missing.

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 23 weeks ago

I have the same problem, Map is missing.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 29 weeks ago

Shires are held by Sheriffs, who are appointed by the king.

In Emélrenè, Barons hold a keep, Earls hold a castle and several keeps, and Dukes hold at least two castles, and several keeps. Their holdings are scattered across the kingdom. The Earl of Quandas' lands are scattered over three shires.

I suspect (hope) that, in Palíthanè, An Earl's landholdings are more closely grouped. It certainly looks like the Earl of Pálganir will have only one Sheriff to deal with.

I'd love to see Palíthanè, too.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 29 weeks ago

Shires are held by Sheriffs, who are appointed by the king.

I'd love to see Palíthanè, too.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 29 weeks ago

I thought that shires where held by Count/Earls/Malnir and that Dukes/Telkors held two or more malniren/counties/shires.
    So my confusion came from that assumption!

I hope one day to see a kingdom module on Palithane.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 29 weeks ago

So my confusion came from that assumption!

I hope one day to see a kingdom module on Palithane.

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 29 weeks ago

Hi
    I'm not the fount of all knowledge on Palíthanè, pretty sure that's Jeremy, but I believe that Pálganir isn't a Shire, it's a County (the lands are held by a Count or Earl) within Nórimar Shire. The clan holds at least two castles, Ámdon and Erébis, and two keeps Fingélon and Lúthen (all of which are close to the Emélreni border and on the Emelrene Kingdom map) from clan Lédrin.
    Because of its history, and the current political situation, Palíthanè is complicated.
    Hope this helps
    Neil

• Question on Emelrene Great Clans reference   1 year 29 weeks ago

Hi
    Hope this helps
    Neil

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 31 weeks ago

Thanks! By the way great work on the map.

Congratulations on all your works! The Kingdom modules, maps, region modules are all beautifully made!

Finally, we are getting the world of Khetira fully detailed and very well done.

I'm eager to the see and buy the completed work on Santhrada beautiful work on the map of Santhrada, I have hopes the get the full work in my hands till the end of this year maybe we all get lucky....
    Are there any more works coming out of the oven this year? Or is it confidential
    Thanks again! And congratulations to the whole team!

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 31 weeks ago

Thanks! By the way great work on the map.

Finally, we are getting the world of Khetira fully detailed and very well done.

Thanks again! And congratulations to the whole team!

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 31 weeks ago

Sorry about that! I've manually added the map to your files, and it should be ready for download.

• Emélrenè Interactive Map   1 year 31 weeks ago

• Unable to process payment for Order   1 year 31 weeks ago

The problem is now fixed. Thank you for reporting the issue.

• Unable to process payment for Order   1 year 31 weeks ago

The problem is now fixed. Thank you for reporting the issue.

• Unable to process payment for Order   1 year 31 weeks ago

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is an issue related to our web server and we are currently working on solving it.

In the meantime, please try the following workaround:

1.) Enter your information into the form and choose the country as usual but leave the "Zone" field as is. Then click on the "Review order" button.

2.) This will bring up an error message but also correctly update the zone selection.

3.) Select your zone and then click on "Review order" again. Your order should continue to the next step.