• Maritime Rules   2 years 3 weeks ago

Yes - I'm happy to say that this project is still in active development. Still a bit to do, but good progress has been made.

I can't give an estimated time for delivery - but rest assured work is going well...

• Bukrai Point system does not seem to be in the GM Book   2 years 3 weeks ago

The Power of a the shadow of Bukrai will be measured by this points.

It is in the "Undead" chapter...

• Bukrai Point system does not seem to be in the GM Book   2 years 3 weeks ago

...has some rules on how to handle the effect of the Bukrai Blade, but nothing on Bukrai Points.

• Bukrai Point system does not seem to be in the GM Book   2 years 3 weeks ago

Might be in the Bestiary?

• Maritime Rules   2 years 3 weeks ago

Is this still being worked on/planned on as a release? Any news on updating the ancient Pilot's Almanac would be very welcome.

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN G6 (Chélemby), revised   2 years 6 weeks ago

just in time for X-Mas

my present for me ;-))

• TRZN A1 (and other Emélrenè Atlas) products   2 years 7 weeks ago

I just noticed that there is a Fiefs of Emelrene map in Great Clans of Emelrene, which makes reading the gazetteers easier.

• TRZN A1 (and other Emélrenè Atlas) products   2 years 7 weeks ago

I would be interested in an essay about Emelrene is different than Harn. Do the manors look exactly the same or are there important differences? Do the castle towns look more cosmopolitan?

I find it hard to read the gazetteer entries for fun. As Puster wrote, a kingdom module would be very entertaining, and I am sure it is in the works for the long run. But it is hard to see how this all fits together right now. Does the sheriff at Detule have a lot of power? What is this duchess of Charones all about?

I also would also second Puster's request for a digital version of the Trierzon region map, like you did for the Shorkyne region map. I own the old CGI printed map for Trierzon, but it is hidden away somewhere at home.

• TRZN A1 (and other Emélrenè Atlas) products   2 years 10 weeks ago

I like the steps taken to finally work out the "other" northwestern cultural center. Clans of Emelrene let us look into a new society, where the old living style of the free Emela and the feudalistic ideal do not clash but coexist in a benefial symbiosis. This sets the society of Emelrene apart from the multitude of states that look for a Terran model for inspiration.

The short articles on all entries on the local maps yield a lot of info - all that you need to actually travel there when you do not plan to go in depth.

Seeing the first map square of Trierzon mapped raised the hope that some day in the not too distant future (2017) we will get a regional map, and actually there seems to be a chance to see all of Emelrene mapped.

Which brings me to what I deem lacking - a kingdom module. A bracket to bring all the stuff together, so that the pieces of the mosaic will not only shine by itself but enhance the large picture that is already drawn - something that Venarive is for the region. Even when it is (just) a player edition, with abbreviated content that can be later expanded to a full article, I really long for articles on Emelrene (and Shorkyne, Harbaal, Palithane, Tarkain, Hurisea, the Quarph and Yarla - to name just the most urgent itches). Clans of Emelrene went a long way to prepare me for the local maps, and I am sure that much of the work for Emelrene is already done and just needs a proper shuffle and presentation.
    The odd local article with peculiarities in manors, lodges, or magical sites could also create a better connection to the realm.

Hmmm. Somehow all my contributions here end just in wishlisting :-/

That said, I have gone through all the entries on the local maps and itch to bring my group to the sea, so that they can explore the coastal trade in the strait (before they venture via Haltinan and Techel towards Chelemby).

I was also considering to let them escort a group of Ilviran priests from Kaldor (they are currently in Tashal) towards Emelrene, to help out with some of the Ivashu problems - it seems that there are many. In that regard I am a bit concerned, however, that the theme of spawned Ivashu makes them more common in Emelrene then near Araka Kalai. Perhaps there is a good reason for it, but "Ivashu spawn and cause problems" look a bit common.

The way the psionic and magically errant areas affect the local society, especially the psionically enabled within, is yet a mystery to me, though that there is such an effect seems clear to me. The peculiarities of detecting and training the gifted people in Emelrene are certainly worth a chapter or two in the incoming kingdom module.

So much for now.

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 10 weeks ago

So TRZN A1 Máris is now out. Does that one count as a 'golden apple'?

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 11 weeks ago

Not by us! :)

I assume what is really limited is your time.

So doing what you and Jeremy want to do yourself ensures both quality and motivation, the latter increasing the output.

Most of us here will buy any sector you deem worthy of making, and those with a more selective buying habit will only buy the "golden apples" of Hârndom or maps with actual use in a game. Go there when it suits you, is my advice.

What we do lack, beside maps, is stuff like "Folk and Clans of Chelemy" and an article on the Quarph nations to finish some of the actual open business, and the maritime ruleset to open a fully new can of worms (which will also lead to more demands). :-)

BTW:
    Trierzon... now that you mention it, wasn't that first announced for the fall of 86?

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 12 weeks ago

Puster, The survey software options are pretty limited.

I have at times thought about posting a survey asking something like "which of the following 5 squares would you most like to see published", but I can't see that the results would be all that helpful. Like as not, we'd have already published one of them before a meaningful number of people had voted.

As for what AK squares we at KP _want_ to do, well Jeremy has his preference and is working on that area pretty hard. In my case, I find it a bit boring to work on any single area for too long and so like to move around from area to area. This survey was meant to find out what areas are more worth my time and what areas are not.

The options given in the survey were deliberately limited to areas where we have sufficient V&R background graphics to work from. Otherwise we might well have listed Tarkain or Trierzon as options.

• Role Playing versus Roll Playing   2 years 13 weeks ago

This kind of discussion has been remade and remade for long, and it will continue as long as Role Playing will be here. If player is bright in his Role playing or have a brilliant idea, give him a bonus to his skill, or if it will enhance the scenario you have to state that he has succeded, even if it means cheating... Interest in role playing is to tell good tales, and above all, to have fun.

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 13 weeks ago

While it is true that Harn can be seen as a bit over-developed. I think KP would make a useful prroduct in Harn map squares. The current material available elswhere is greatly flawed and contradicts cannon in many ways.
    KP has a greater attention to detail and the quality of cartography is great. Simply fort the fact that most of us play on Harn we would like a set of cannon maps to play on Harn.

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 14 weeks ago

If you are really interested in what areas are most popular, a survey should avoid "catchalls" like "anywhere" - and perhaps also the "Hârn" option, to let some issues sleep.

You could then offer ONE vote for the remaining options, or - to get a better impression - either a rating for each (eg. 0-10 points for each option) or a total of 10 (or 100) points to distribute among the existing options. This way secondary interests do not get lost in the process.
    I have, however, no idea wether this software allows for such surveys.

Anyway, in my opinion you should do what YOU want to do first. A work of interest and love is a work done well (to add some platitudes here).

BTW: I would love to see more of Harbaal or Ivinia, but the survey limited my options a bit. The same about Tarkain, Trierzon or Kamerand...

So after 45 votes looks like "anywhere" is the leading choice, although many who say that registered comments that they would like squares along the seacoasts.

As far as specific locations are concerned, Emélrenè-Palíthanè is the leader. No surprise there, although I thought Hârn might challenge more than it did. And there was a small but vocal group saying anywhere-but-Hârn.

I was a bit surprised that Huriséa and especially Ivínia didn't do better.

No surprise to me that Hârbáal and Shôrkýnè didn't do well, although I didn't expect that Hârbáal would get no votes at all. However, the calls for seacoast squares suggests there is some desire for Hârbáal and Shôrkýnè squares (as e.g., the Ishéres square published today), just not the areas inland.

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 16 weeks ago

I could have chosen Emelrene or Haarbal just as well.
    As written before, the coastlines and uptream the major rivers are the maps i'd like to see (Hlen is an exception).

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 17 weeks ago

As with the others, I'd like to see the areas along the coast and the major rivers explored, as this seems the most active... cross country travel is slow and uncomfortable at best in this Era. Venerive has lots to explore... Harn is pretty much done. The last two maps, which are way off in places little traveled, don't excite my interest. The areas actively trading up and down the coast, and with Harn and Chelemby, seem most likely to be involved. The inner hinterlands can be filled in here and there.

I voted for Ivinia, as the most interesting area, although, as I've said elsewhere, some individual kingdom modules to put the AK maps in context would be very useful, too. But, hey, one can only expect so much at a time!

Emelrene is also interesting (not Palithane, though), and I do feel an itch to just get Shorkyne and Harbaal finished before rushing off to do something else entirely. Hurisea, not so much.

On the other hand, I've bought every AK square so far, and, if I'm honest with myself, that's not going to change. Except Harn - I don't need to pay for Harn twice, and so they are the only AK squares I wouldn't buy.

I voted for Emelrene-Palithane, however, anywhere but Harn would be my more accurate opinion/vote. Harn's been covered in so much detail already, I don't think we need yet more maps on Harn. Besides Columbia Games is doing high-resolution maps of Harn already, why do double coverage when there are plenty of areas mostly untouched in Venarive still (and I'd wager CG isn't going to touch those).

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN M2 (Hlen)   2 years 17 weeks ago

Thank you for this map.

Up in the attic behind the old cupboard is standing a chest. There I found my Curse Of Hlen modul. a good adventure which I played as a GM twice and would play it third time.
    Hlen in this modul was just a 8 page article(*Oh sorry didn't ment to ...)
    I will now retutn to reread Curse Of Hlen.
    (Remember the spelllist of Iskara;-))

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN M2 (Hlen)   2 years 18 weeks ago

This was a tricky one, trying to correlate all the info from Curse of Hlen plus the pertinent entries in the Shorkyne index and some text in Venarive, and then make sure that it all made some sort of sense. We almost made some huge mistakes before Jeremy noticed some critical details in the finer print of Curse.

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN M2 (Hlen)   2 years 18 weeks ago

Curse of Hlen. Time to dig out the old module and ponder about games some 20 years ago :-)

I found that the setting of Yashain could actually work, but needed a LOT of work to fit. Actually I liked the "mundane" part of it most. Lets see how it looks on a map...

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 18 weeks ago

I'm particularly hot on the Hurisea maps that have come out lately because that just happens to be part of the world I want to explore at the moment. There's just so much more of the world to see and develop!