• Role Playing versus Roll Playing   1 year 51 weeks ago

This kind of discussion has been remade and remade for long, and it will continue as long as Role Playing will be here. If player is bright in his Role playing or have a brilliant idea, give him a bonus to his skill, or if it will enhance the scenario you have to state that he has succeded, even if it means cheating... Interest in role playing is to tell good tales, and above all, to have fun.

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   1 year 51 weeks ago

While it is true that Harn can be seen as a bit over-developed. I think KP would make a useful prroduct in Harn map squares. The current material available elswhere is greatly flawed and contradicts cannon in many ways.
    KP has a greater attention to detail and the quality of cartography is great. Simply fort the fact that most of us play on Harn we would like a set of cannon maps to play on Harn.

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 1 hour ago

If you are really interested in what areas are most popular, a survey should avoid "catchalls" like "anywhere" - and perhaps also the "Hârn" option, to let some issues sleep.

You could then offer ONE vote for the remaining options, or - to get a better impression - either a rating for each (eg. 0-10 points for each option) or a total of 10 (or 100) points to distribute among the existing options. This way secondary interests do not get lost in the process.
    I have, however, no idea wether this software allows for such surveys.

Anyway, in my opinion you should do what YOU want to do first. A work of interest and love is a work done well (to add some platitudes here).

BTW: I would love to see more of Harbaal or Ivinia, but the survey limited my options a bit. The same about Tarkain, Trierzon or Kamerand...

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 12 hours ago

So after 45 votes looks like "anywhere" is the leading choice, although many who say that registered comments that they would like squares along the seacoasts.

As far as specific locations are concerned, Emélrenè-Palíthanè is the leader. No surprise there, although I thought Hârn might challenge more than it did. And there was a small but vocal group saying anywhere-but-Hârn.

I was a bit surprised that Huriséa and especially Ivínia didn't do better.

No surprise to me that Hârbáal and Shôrkýnè didn't do well, although I didn't expect that Hârbáal would get no votes at all. However, the calls for seacoast squares suggests there is some desire for Hârbáal and Shôrkýnè squares (as e.g., the Ishéres square published today), just not the areas inland.

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 2 weeks ago

I could have chosen Emelrene or Haarbal just as well.
    As written before, the coastlines and uptream the major rivers are the maps i'd like to see (Hlen is an exception).

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 3 weeks ago

As with the others, I'd like to see the areas along the coast and the major rivers explored, as this seems the most active... cross country travel is slow and uncomfortable at best in this Era. Venerive has lots to explore... Harn is pretty much done. The last two maps, which are way off in places little traveled, don't excite my interest. The areas actively trading up and down the coast, and with Harn and Chelemby, seem most likely to be involved. The inner hinterlands can be filled in here and there.

I voted for Ivinia, as the most interesting area, although, as I've said elsewhere, some individual kingdom modules to put the AK maps in context would be very useful, too. But, hey, one can only expect so much at a time!

Emelrene is also interesting (not Palithane, though), and I do feel an itch to just get Shorkyne and Harbaal finished before rushing off to do something else entirely. Hurisea, not so much.

On the other hand, I've bought every AK square so far, and, if I'm honest with myself, that's not going to change. Except Harn - I don't need to pay for Harn twice, and so they are the only AK squares I wouldn't buy.

I voted for Emelrene-Palithane, however, anywhere but Harn would be my more accurate opinion/vote. Harn's been covered in so much detail already, I don't think we need yet more maps on Harn. Besides Columbia Games is doing high-resolution maps of Harn already, why do double coverage when there are plenty of areas mostly untouched in Venarive still (and I'd wager CG isn't going to touch those).

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN M2 (Hlen)   2 years 3 weeks ago

Thank you for this map.

Up in the attic behind the old cupboard is standing a chest. There I found my Curse Of Hlen modul. a good adventure which I played as a GM twice and would play it third time.
    Hlen in this modul was just a 8 page article(*Oh sorry didn't ment to ...)
    I will now retutn to reread Curse Of Hlen.
    (Remember the spelllist of Iskara;-))

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN M2 (Hlen)   2 years 3 weeks ago

This was a tricky one, trying to correlate all the info from Curse of Hlen plus the pertinent entries in the Shorkyne index and some text in Venarive, and then make sure that it all made some sort of sense. We almost made some huge mistakes before Jeremy noticed some critical details in the finer print of Curse.

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN M2 (Hlen)   2 years 3 weeks ago

Curse of Hlen. Time to dig out the old module and ponder about games some 20 years ago :-)

I found that the setting of Yashain could actually work, but needed a LOT of work to fit. Actually I liked the "mundane" part of it most. Lets see how it looks on a map...

• I would more likely purchase an Atlas Keléstia map square if it were set in:   2 years 4 weeks ago

I'm particularly hot on the Hurisea maps that have come out lately because that just happens to be part of the world I want to explore at the moment. There's just so much more of the world to see and develop!

I voted for "I'll buy them all", but my preference would be the coasts of the Sea of Ivae first, then selected inland areas (Ivinia is pretty high on my list here) and expanding the coast towards Trierzon and the Venarian Sea. Most will travel by sea first, and following the long range trade with the maps is a good way to venture...

I am not so keen on Hârn proper, mainly because there is so much else that is totally unexplored but also to avoid heating up the cold conflict between the two companies that produce stuff. Any energy going there will not be available for creative constructive work.

But if I have to choose I would prefer maps of Hârn first.
    And next the maps of Emérenè...

BTW You are doing a great job...

Thank you - Danke schön - Merci beaucoup

Well, I would say you need to enjoy what you make so Ivinia would work for me. However, I would really like to see the Ivinia and Trierzon maps done up like the Shorkyne Regional Map.

I'm the one in charge of producing the squares but my own vote was for Ivinia because if I was GMing, I'm thinking I'd run a pilgrimage to Mt. Ilbengaad. I might need the coast of Harbaal though for the voyage there.

But we really do want to sound out what people would find useful and would pay for.

I will buy all of them, as they all expand the game world. With that being said I would love to some for Harn itself. Also a update of the Harn Regional map to include mines and more interesting wildlife like the Shorkyne map would be cool as well.

• Captain Márden's Tale - discussion   2 years 4 weeks ago

Currently the 8th item down the first page.

• Captain Márden's Tale - discussion   2 years 4 weeks ago
    PDF

Is the PDF still available? If so, where would I find it?

Thanks
    Pete

• AK wish list   2 years 4 weeks ago

Cyrion, You're thinking of Hlejis. That location, unfortunately, is on the edge of two Atlas map squares. It's on SHKN K2 very very close to SHKN L2. So to do it justice and make it useful for GMs, both squares would need to be published.

• AK wish list   2 years 4 weeks ago

hello

Somewhere in Hurisea is a gârgun cave. I've forgotten where it is. Somewhere in the mountains.

I like to add this part to my wishlist.

Even if i don't have a campaign on Kelesstia in the moment I like to start a new one when we finished our visit on "Golarion" in the "Legacy of Fire" and return home to Kaldor and adventure in Chelemby and Hurisea

• Atlas Keléstia - Open Sea   2 years 4 weeks ago

• Quarph and Quarphor   2 years 5 weeks ago

To my knowledge there are no canon answers yet to these questions, so you have considerable leeway. But I'll register my own opinions, thus validating my own perception of my intellectual worth. ;-)

Venarive says of Kvarfent "The inhabitants of this region speak the western dialect of Quarphic, barely distinguishable from Hurisean." The Hykede could not be much more divergent than that. (Personally, I think Venarive was altogether too conservative regarding languages and dialects. I think London has more languages than Lythia.)

Western Quarphor is somewhat dryer than Harn, and the region gets dryer as you move east. The west is wet and mild enough for most of our familiar crops to grow without irrigation. East of about Orlet, you should lose the more fragile, fleshy crops, but you should still see root crops, orchard crops and grains. East of Vaben, you will probably see just grains and dry-adapted crops, unless irrigated. Also, although the weather overall is mild, as you go east the diurnal variation will increase, so crops have to be freeze resistant.

By "wild rice" I assume you mean the rice-like plant that you find in swampy areas, as opposed to "the wild antecedants of cultivated rice". There is an Asian species of the former, so the pedants who interpret the "tuber ban" to mean that all New World crops are absent cannot object to wild rice.

Metrics for seasonal abundance? I don't think so. There are notes regarding the general "value" of fishing, but I haven't seen anything on seasonal runs. I'm not sure how much it matters in regards to calories, since fish can be smoked. To me what is interesting is the effect on the social structure. Thousands of people converge on such sites for a short time each year, and the sites had their own social conventions to manage this. And it wasn't just fish, but mines were also exploited seasonally by tribal peoples. These sorts of places deserve more attention, in my opinion.

• Venarive map   2 years 6 weeks ago

The map requested is now available here:

• Venarive map   2 years 7 weeks ago

klhaviation - something like this is in the works :)

Regards Jeremy