• Is there interest out there in a completed Harnic Tarot, printed or virtual?   2 years 32 weeks ago

I would very much appreciate a completed version - in one of my RPG groups a self-made text-only deck ist often used and it is always a delightful element of atmosphere. I imagine it stunning with a graphic version.

• Compatability   2 years 32 weeks ago

HarnMaster Gold is another iteration of the HarnMaster system. Just as HarnMaster2 made some changes from the original HarnMaster, so does HarnMaster Gold (in fact it might said that HM:G is closer to the original version).

Other rule books designed for HarnMaster 2 for instance will have some descrepencies with HarnMaster Gold but they are by and large minor, and should be easily adjusted for.

Battlelust should work just fine, HarnManor and Pilot's Almanac likewise. Religion rules are contained in the HarnMaster Gold Player's Edition and supercedes the rules in HarnMaster Religion. HarnMaster Gold: Shek Pvar replaces HarnMaster Magic. HarnMaster Barbarians could be adapted (but I've never liked it in the first place :) )

Hope that helps Matt!

• Compatability   2 years 32 weeks ago

Hope that helps Matt!

That would be great

• A couple of questions   2 years 35 weeks ago

Hi

and thank you for that. I had all the answers, they were just buried in the mass of material which I have forgotten my way round!

Cheers

Lee

• A couple of questions   2 years 35 weeks ago

Hi

Cheers

Lee

• A couple of questions   2 years 35 weeks ago

Lee,

The location stats go back to the older publications from c 1990. Without delving too deep to see when they may have first appeared, I can point you to: an excellent definition of Market Size in the old Pilots' Almanac (1988, first two pages of the Port Almanac section) and Land Quality is defined in the Shorkyne Regional Module (1991, first page of the Index). LQ is also given in the old Harnic kingdom module subdinfeudation tables, but there is just called Land.

Except for "Tide Factor", the other port and trade stats that may appear for the larger settlements in the Atlas Kelestia data are also defined in those same places. The HarnWorld module (1990) also defines the tax rates in its economics section.

Unfortunately, I have yet to take my copy of the 1990s HMG 2.0 rules out of their shinkwrap, so I"m not really able to comment on what is different between them and the HMG 2.1 PE and GME currently sold here. I'll try to get Ken to respond to that, as he is the best person around here to answer rules questions.

• A couple of questions   2 years 35 weeks ago

Lee,

• Umbathri   2 years 42 weeks ago

It's my understanding that the Umbathri can fly due to their substantially ethereal nature and do not have wings. Ilvir likes variation though. Nothing to say this particular pack of Umbrathi haven't been gifted with them.

• Umbathri   2 years 42 weeks ago

• Can't find Random Modifier Table   2 years 48 weeks ago

Actually the original GME had a table in the Heredity section that is missing from the newer GM edition. I copied below- sorry for the formatting issues.

Random

13–14 +1
    15 +2
    16 +3
    17 +4
    18 +5

• Can't find Random Modifier Table   2 years 48 weeks ago

Verneri, I am not sure about this, but I believe that is a reference to the "SUMMARY OF ATTRIBUTE MODIFIERS BY SPECIES & SEX" table on page Char. Gen. 12 in the player edition of the rules.

• Can't find Random Modifier Table   2 years 48 weeks ago

• An unexpected pleasure   2 years 49 weeks ago

I think that kingdom-maps ought to follow the political entity despite regions, alike the Emelrene map. It is a nice post. That you for sharing it.

• An unexpected pleasure   2 years 49 weeks ago

• An unexpected pleasure   3 years 4 days ago

Just read though the article. I am overjoyed not only to get infos on a new kingdom and region, but also that it opens up the "Venarive Almanac", which bodes well for future publications. I will sit on the sidelines and cheer on the next one!

Perhaps, some day, we will even see Trierzon, first announced "coming soon" for the autumn of 86 :-)

So, great work. Good solid infos on the "real" Byria (unlike the one we all know about by the Mangai).

Some remarks:
    - The slavery article should imho be made available seperately. While I assume that many will buy the whole package, the slavery article has a broader audience.
    - While I much appreciate the regional map on the Byrian Peninsular (though I hope we will some day get another one with the same bitmap quality as Hârn/Shorkyne) I think that kingdom-maps should follow the political entity regardless of regions, alike the Emelrene map - so I would have gladly traded in some more coverage on the flanks and especially to the south for decreased scale. Many realms will not fit roughly within a region anyway.

That said, my thanks for this step ahead in the coverage of Kelestia and Venarive.

• An unexpected pleasure   3 years 4 days ago

Some remarks:

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN K2 (Hléjis)   3 years 5 days ago

The map is so great. Thank you for this. I had been looking for this map and I am lucky enough to find it here.

• An unexpected pleasure   3 years 6 days ago

Yes, that's just what I thought when reading it through. I can retcon it in easily as I never specified where the ship was actually wrecked, merely starting him at age 4 in the slave quarters of an estate on the lower slopes of the Gurisha Hills, listening to stories from his crippled father of the sea and the glories of the men of the north.

• An unexpected pleasure   3 years 6 days ago

• An unexpected pleasure   3 years 1 week ago

The islands of Carcos and Leiminos seem almost custom-made for your story. The harshest matriarchs, numerically vulnerable, difficult to reinforce, and precariously placed near the shipping lanes . . . it's like catnip for Ivinians.

• An unexpected pleasure   3 years 1 week ago

• Atlas Keléstia - SHKN G5 (Yelâben), F5 (Trevéhedè) & E5 (Baas), revised   3 years 3 weeks ago

The bundle of eight squares including Chélemby, Géltheim and Ánvâl is now available, http://www.kelestia.com/atlas/folio-1

The nine-square bundle of Lédenheum and Western Huriséa should be out later this summer.

• 15-square wide regional maps   3 years 3 weeks ago

Point 2: Because there was an inconsistency in the published material and producing further regional maps (which unfortunately has been much delayed by Robin's death) required that the consistency be resolved.

Point 3: Because consistency seems to be one the features that Harniacs prefer about the world, even from fanon. If you want to debate that topic further, I suggest you take it to the Lythia.com HarnForum where you will find more people willing to respond.