• News on new content?   1 year 20 weeks ago

Yep - when I first read these in a second hand EH that I bought in 88 I was pretty glad that Trierzon and Azeryan already existed!
    If I had only known which century they meant...

Actually we are currently in the golden age of Harnworld- with highest quality publications coming in from three sources (even when Kelestia comp is quite lately). I assume that with the digitalization and the inner cohesion of Harnworld this environment will continue to grow and prosper.

And while I DO wait for the kingdom and empire modules of Trierzon and Azeryan we did get Shorkyne, Emelrene, Chelemby, Berema and a cornocupia of other inspiring stuff.

• News on new content?   1 year 20 weeks ago

If I had only known which century they meant...

• News on new content?   1 year 20 weeks ago

Harn publishers are LEGENDARY for 'delayed' material.

I think I still have a Kingdom of Trierzon announcement that suggested we'd see it in 1985, and I don't think that was the first estimated date....

This last decade they've been churning out material at light speed by comparison. At least that's how I like to look at it:)

• News on new content?   1 year 20 weeks ago

Harn publishers are LEGENDARY for 'delayed' material.

• Mankar typo?   1 year 25 weeks ago

I think they are typos - they should read as follows, to be in line with the other weapon entries:

Mankar II (r)
    Mankar III (r)

The roman numeral designations correspond to the weight (in pounds) of the weapon.

• Mankar typo?   1 year 25 weeks ago

Mankar II (r)
    Mankar III (r)

• News on new content?   1 year 26 weeks ago

The day these come out I will not only buy, print and read them, but also have a small celebration upon the comeback of Kelesta :-)

Still... Thonia was announced "waiting for art" roughly a year ago, so I will cultivate the patience that all old Harniacs must have. Seeing any of the three would make my day. Any way to help fasten the process?

• News on new content?   1 year 26 weeks ago

• News on new content?   1 year 26 weeks ago

Hello Ken,

this is fantastic news! Great to hear that. Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers,
    Max

• News on new content?   1 year 26 weeks ago

Hello Ken,

this is fantastic news! Great to hear that. Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers,
    Max

• News on new content?   1 year 26 weeks ago

Hi all, there are indeed more product coming down the pike. Karejia, Thonia and Clans and Folk of Chelemby are all waiting on artwork and will hopefully be out soon.

Looking forward to what people think of them. :)

Cheers,

Ken

• News on new content?   1 year 26 weeks ago

Looking forward to what people think of them. :)

Cheers,

Ken

• News on new content?   1 year 27 weeks ago

I know its just a hobby project with limited time that creates professional output and yields no money. So I am biding my time and really hope that there will be new snippets, modules or maps :-)

• News on new content?   1 year 27 weeks ago

• News on new content?   1 year 28 weeks ago

Same question here: Is KP still working on something?

• News on new content?   1 year 28 weeks ago

Same question here: Is KP still working on something?

• Spell Duration   1 year 40 weeks ago

OK, let's walk through the Footfall of Dhivu as an example.

The spell has two modes, first of all. Mode 1 is that it cools water that the caster touches. You could, for example, touch a basin of hot water and make it cool instead. This is 'mode 1'.

The second mode allows you to walk on top of a body of water by turning the water immediately under your feet to ice. This is 'mode 2'.

To use this spell, you have first to cast it using the usual rules (roll against EML for CS/MS/MF/CF). If you succeed (MS or CS) you get an 'enchantment' that is on you alone that lasts MLx10 seconds if you rolled a MS, or MLx30 seconds if you got a CS. While the spell is active, you can use it in either 'mode 1' or 'mode 2'. The time the enchantment lasts on you is the "basic duration" (for both MS and CS), but note that there are other considerations, here:

1) Once you have cooled the water in 'mode 1', the water stays cool or heats up again naturally, regardless of the duration of the enchantment.

2) The ice you generate under your feet in 'mode 2' starts melting as soon as you are no longer stepping on it if your ML is less than 41; you don't leave a "frozen path" behind you. If you have ML41+, on the other hand, the hexes you leave **may** (your choice) remain frozen for SIx10 seconds. This is not the "basic duration", but it is a special duration that you can get from certain specified circumstances, and it might allow others to follow you across the ice (as long as they do it within SIx10 seconds).

3) Range: you can normally only cast the enchantment on yourself, regardless of whether you get MS or CS. If you have ML 96+, however, you can cast it on someone else who you touch while casting the spell. Hence, range changes based not only on your degree of success, but also on your expertise with the spell. Note, also, that there are other aspects of "range" here, too. The main one is "how much water can I affect with the spell?" To be honest, the spell description does not define this at all well, but we can infer that it is less than 20 square feet by "a few inches", as this is what can be affected by a caster with ML 41+. I would suggest an area around 2 feet by 2 feet and a few inches deep as a reasonable arbitrary amount. This bit of the spell seems ripe for discussion and development within each gaming group; not a technique I really like, these days, but a viable and potentially interesting one.

In short, the "basic" in the statbox refers to "the basic version and action of the spell" and is applicable to a basic success with the basic spell. As a complex enchantment, there are a number of other "ranges" and "durations" that need to be considered, though, and these are covered in the spell description detail.

Is that any clearer?

• Spell Duration   1 year 40 weeks ago

OK, let's walk through the Footfall of Dhivu as an example.

Is that any clearer?

• Spell Duration   1 year 42 weeks ago

It's the description which throws me - I'm not comprehending these cases. A caster still needs to roll to cast Footfall, correct? I would think there'd be no need to distinguish "basic" from a critical success, unless the critical success doesn't not apply to the basic spell. But the description doesn't seem to support that.

• Spell Duration   1 year 42 weeks ago

• Spell Duration   1 year 42 weeks ago

If you read the spell descriptions in detail you will find that the ones with a duration listed as "Basic" have some sort of special consideration. For Footfall, for example, the "basic" effect is to lower the temperature of a (fairly large?) body of water by one temperature "level". This is the use for which the "Basic" duration applies. There is also an alternative use described, however, that involves freezing a smaller quantity of water; a separate duration is described for this use of the spell.

In short - read the spell descriptions in detail, *including* the bonus effects for higher MLs. They all have "special cases" where they have duration noted this way - see also Calm of Sâris and Figure of Aúmos.

• Spell Duration   1 year 42 weeks ago

• Harn Regional Maps - Discussion   1 year 43 weeks ago

Just noticed a glitch on the map after buying the CG5000-G1-Orbaal-Gyfyn Map.

In Grid G1, the island is split in half, like in the original Harn map. However the Interactive map has BÍJÔ ISLAND (SPÉJER ISLAND) has the island more to the east without splitting it between F1 & G1.

• Harn Regional Maps - Discussion   1 year 43 weeks ago

Just noticed a glitch on the map after buying the CG5000-G1-Orbaal-Gyfyn Map.

• Wondering   1 year 44 weeks ago

Sadly this seems to be no update and only one releasing stuff is CG.

Wish there was more here