• Changing avatar image   5 years 50 weeks ago

Thanks for pointing this out. The problem should be fixed -- please try again to upload your new avatar.

• Changing avatar image   5 years 50 weeks ago

• Weather in Chelemby   5 years 51 weeks ago

Dandy

We are aware of this issue - and in fact will be addressing it in Venarive - which will include a weather system and tables which will cover all of the regions of northwestern Lythia - including Chelemby.

For the present, you should find that "Cool Temperate" weather table - which is the table for Harn - will work reasonably well for Chelemby.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Weather in Chelemby   5 years 51 weeks ago

Dandy

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 2 weeks ago

Yes - I'd say both the Ottomans and the Persians are good source material for Dalkesh.

The key, however, is to always remember - HârnWorld / Kèthîra / Lýthia / Venârive are not Terra / Eurasia / Europe....

Using Terran examples as inspiration is great - using them as a straight-jacket or transplanting them completely, is less likely to be useful.

Cheers

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 2 weeks ago

Cheers

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 2 weeks ago

I've always thought Dalkesh looked a bit too much like Egypt. So, when I developed Dalkesh characters & back stories, I went with the Ottoman Empire.

As our friend above says: "a caste-based, slave-keeping, highly centralised polity with theocratic overtones and a profound disdain for foreigners."

Aloras

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 2 weeks ago

Aloras

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

Platinum D, This may not be what you want, but it's likely the closest you'll find. http://www.harshlands.net/

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

If anyone is interested I may want to start up a game in the future. I am currently reading the HarnMaster rules (iow I am a newbie) so it may be a while before I get up to speed.

Cheers,
    Robin Forster

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

Cheers,
    Robin Forster

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

Hello Platinum Dragon

Not by Kelestia. We have been too busy developing products!

Cheers

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

Hello Platinum Dragon

Not by Kelestia. We have been too busy developing products!

Cheers

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

Have there been any recent attempts to start on online Harn Campaign?

• Campaign   6 years 3 weeks ago

Have there been any recent attempts to start on online Harn Campaign?

• Charts of Salónen Ekàtriása   6 years 5 weeks ago

There's no indicated distance on the arrow between Ljârl Øyen and Skîvaal Øyen

• Ridow question for Jeremy   6 years 6 weeks ago

...with how I imagine Ridow to be based upon the description.

I've been writing up a location module for Ridow and for the longest time have had the dome at '100 high. The dome was not a perfect half-sphere, but instead a 100' foot high cap of a sphere. I did this based upon the "totally submerged in 20 fathoms of water", but this only allowed for structures within to be about 100' tall and only near the center of the city. As I walked around and saw 100' foot structures in daily life this didn't give the feeling of incredible heights regardless of how the structures were shaped.

Jeremy, thanks for your response. Based upon this discussion I'll be rethinking the heights of the dome and likely changing it to be much taller.

• Ridow question for Jeremy   6 years 6 weeks ago

...with how I imagine Ridow to be based upon the description.

• Journey to Ábrelyn - Part V   6 years 6 weeks ago

I'm looking forward to the Venârivè publication.

Richard

• Journey to Ábrelyn - Part V   6 years 6 weeks ago

I really liked this story! Thanks a lot for sharing it. Posting it in pieces made following the story more interesting.

On the other hand, I would have liked a few more HarnWorld references, like a prayer to Peoni, Larani or the like. Right now, the story seems completely divorced from the rest of the setting!

• Question about Counterstrike   6 years 6 weeks ago

Ah, I had almost forgot. The weapon comparison chart is missing the _zero_ column because there is no weapon that has that particular rating. Or, if there is, it is actively avoiding my memory... which means it's being naughty and really doesn't deserve a value anyway. ;-)

• Question about Counterstrike   6 years 6 weeks ago

• Journey to Ábrelyn - Part IV   6 years 6 weeks ago

Thank you again for sharing this. I'm really looking forward to the next installment.

Richard

• Question about Counterstrike   6 years 6 weeks ago

Thank you. Both of your comments helped me a lot.

There are currently 1 user and 9 guests online.

Online users