• Role Playing versus Roll Playing   6 years 21 weeks ago

Because very, very few players and GMs would NOT default to a character's ML in Sword if the character were to strike the same Lord in your example (and not rely on the player's knowledge of swordsmanship), I think you should clearly default to the character's ML in Oratory were the same character to make a speech to the Lord.

Now, you might offer a +10 special bonus to a character for the player's role playing--in EITHER the Sword or the Oratory situation--for especially entertaining or creative ideas.

Frankly, it's bad role playing for your Player A (whose character is a poor speaker) to role play his character as having exceptional Oratory. If the player is such a good role player, suggest he or she try to role play as boorish or tongue-tied.

I would under no circumstances punish a shy player's character (high in Oratory) for the player's own communicative short-comings. You wouldn't punish a player's mighty warrior because the player is small/weak/clumsy?

• Updates and Errata   6 years 22 weeks ago

Hi

We are currently nearing completion of Venârivè, which covers all of NW Lythia in quite a bit more detail than has ever been done before. This will include some new insights on the place of Hârn in the wider world.

We have issued Robin's 'updated' map of Hârn - what many see as his 'masterwork'. See the "Hârn Interactive Regional Map".

Hope this helps.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Updates and Errata   6 years 22 weeks ago

Hi

Hope this helps.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Question about Counterstrike   6 years 23 weeks ago

I stand corrected. :-)

But, in my defense, we were talking about ~defensive~ ratings, yes? Anyone choosing to block an attack with **THEIR HEAD** probably deserves to simply use the ignore table. Same probably is true for taburis, but to a much lesser extent.

Good eye, though. I missed those items when I made my cursory check earlier. Having those items in mind is certainly useful, as many of us use the defense values for counter-striking.

Of course we could still say that people who opt to counterstrike WITH THEIR HEAD probably deserve what they get as well. :-D

• Question about Counterstrike   6 years 23 weeks ago

I stand corrected. :-)

• Question about Counterstrike   6 years 24 weeks ago

Head/Gore/Bite; Knife; Taburi. All on the naughty list.

• Question about Counterstrike   6 years 24 weeks ago

Head/Gore/Bite; Knife; Taburi. All on the naughty list.

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 24 weeks ago

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 24 weeks ago

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 24 weeks ago

I have put together an index and table of contents collection for the principle Chélemby publications:

* Kingdom of Chélemby
    * Chélemby: City of the Sea Kings
    * Evánekin
    * Kolâdis

It is available here: http://www.kelestia.com/files/Cheler_Index_100.pdf

It will be updated as further Chélemby publications are released.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 24 weeks ago

* Kingdom of Chélemby
    * Chélemby: City of the Sea Kings
    * Evánekin
    * Kolâdis

It is available here: http://www.kelestia.com/files/Cheler_Index_100.pdf

It will be updated as further Chélemby publications are released.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 24 weeks ago

I am actually using a printed copy. I do use a computer when I gm, but I find flipping between my gm software and among various documents to be very tedious, so I try to use printed forms of documents as much as I can when playing. And I can lay out the printed book on the table in front of me while still using the computer with neither interfering with the other.

Now if there was a way to print the bookmarks, then that would certainly do what I need. :)

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 24 weeks ago

• Legend for Internal Maps   6 years 25 weeks ago

Is there a legend for the 'modern style' of internal maps available somewhere? If not, I think it would make a great download...

• Legend for Internal Maps   6 years 25 weeks ago

ToC

hculpan,

I take it that when you are having trouble finding stuff in the Chelemby material that you are using a printed copy?

The PDF does include a table of contents. However, they are PDF bookmarks, only accessible by clicking on the bookmark button in your PDF viewer.

ToC

hculpan,

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 25 weeks ago

Thanks for the feedback.

Its a great idea - I might even produce a free download "index" to all the Chelemby products ...

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 25 weeks ago

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 25 weeks ago

I see Dalkesh as something more similar to Mamluk Egypt of the Middle Ages.

The Targan Genocide was done by a people who have some Ketari roots IIRC, meaning a nomadic Horse people, similar to the Turkish Horse People who took control of Egypt during Mamluk times.

The Mamluks also had a lot of slavery in their society IIRC. Mamluks themselves were slaves (though of high status) prior to setting up their own Dynasty.

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 25 weeks ago

I see Dalkesh as something more similar to Mamluk Egypt of the Middle Ages.

• Feudal system on Harn   6 years 26 weeks ago

Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca, AZ USA
    svhg@yahoogroups.com

Each village belongs to a group of villages under one manor. The local lord probably lives in the central and larger village which is the local market town.

The village normally has 2 or 3 leaders appointed by the local lord, such as the Beadle and the Reeve, who handle the day to day operations and report to the lord as needed, but likely not less than once a week.

A keep is a fortified building smaller than a castle. It may be part of a manor house or a castle, as normally only a very rich man could build a castle all at once. Much more typical is to build a Manor House,then fortify it, then build a Keep, then walls about the whole (stables, yard,Shops,kitchen et al), then a gate house and other structures, slowly adding to the holdings until they become considered a castle. Many times existing buildings were added to with upper stories or new wings. Note that you normally required permission from your feudal lords to build a castle, and probably a Keep.

• Feudal system on Harn   6 years 26 weeks ago

Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca, AZ USA
    svhg@yahoogroups.com

• Changing avatar image   6 years 26 weeks ago

As you may see here i had no problem to change the avatar half an hour ago. Maybe it is a special problem of your system?

• Changing avatar image   6 years 26 weeks ago