ToC

hculpan,

I take it that when you are having trouble finding stuff in the Chelemby material that you are using a printed copy?

The PDF does include a table of contents. However, they are PDF bookmarks, only accessible by clicking on the bookmark button in your PDF viewer.

ToC

hculpan,

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 12 weeks ago

Thanks for the feedback.

Its a great idea - I might even produce a free download "index" to all the Chelemby products ...

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• ToC and/or Index   6 years 12 weeks ago

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 12 weeks ago

I see Dalkesh as something more similar to Mamluk Egypt of the Middle Ages.

The Targan Genocide was done by a people who have some Ketari roots IIRC, meaning a nomadic Horse people, similar to the Turkish Horse People who took control of Egypt during Mamluk times.

The Mamluks also had a lot of slavery in their society IIRC. Mamluks themselves were slaves (though of high status) prior to setting up their own Dynasty.

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 12 weeks ago

I see Dalkesh as something more similar to Mamluk Egypt of the Middle Ages.

• Feudal system on Harn   6 years 12 weeks ago

Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca, AZ USA
    svhg@yahoogroups.com

Each village belongs to a group of villages under one manor. The local lord probably lives in the central and larger village which is the local market town.

The village normally has 2 or 3 leaders appointed by the local lord, such as the Beadle and the Reeve, who handle the day to day operations and report to the lord as needed, but likely not less than once a week.

A keep is a fortified building smaller than a castle. It may be part of a manor house or a castle, as normally only a very rich man could build a castle all at once. Much more typical is to build a Manor House,then fortify it, then build a Keep, then walls about the whole (stables, yard,Shops,kitchen et al), then a gate house and other structures, slowly adding to the holdings until they become considered a castle. Many times existing buildings were added to with upper stories or new wings. Note that you normally required permission from your feudal lords to build a castle, and probably a Keep.

• Feudal system on Harn   6 years 12 weeks ago

Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca, AZ USA
    svhg@yahoogroups.com

• Changing avatar image   6 years 13 weeks ago

As you may see here i had no problem to change the avatar half an hour ago. Maybe it is a special problem of your system?

• Changing avatar image   6 years 13 weeks ago

• tarot   6 years 13 weeks ago

Hi Lawrence,

i fixed the problem as I informed you by pm. I was surprised that disabling mail-informations works in this manner. My intention was to disable visibilty of my e-mail-adress, not to cut off members from mails via the server. Now it should work.

By the way - now we are with this in public - I asked you, if there is a way to get pictures of your artist into the community. Feel free to answer this suggestion here...

Robins tarot deck is quite a nice piece of background and offers many adventurehooks and plottwists if used properly. In our group there were many situations where the tarot reading surprised all of us and added some mysticism to the story. I would welcome any release of this addon preferably WITH pictures of the deck.

A friend of mine is artist too and wanted to draw a deck, but she is very busy and I fear it will take long time for a project like this (72 Cards!!!). My own attempts to draw them showed that I will need a century to do the job.

• tarot   6 years 13 weeks ago

Hi Lawrence,

• tarot   6 years 13 weeks ago

Apparently istvan has no contact information on file here, so I cannot contact him. I hope he reads this and adds contact information to his account as he has exactly what I need.

Lawrence

• tarot   6 years 13 weeks ago

Lawrence

• tarot   6 years 13 weeks ago

I got a response from Istvan via my contact information. I have tried for about 10 minutes to reply to him via contact information but I have not been able to figure out how to do that. Perhaps someone can tell me how I can go about contacting him via this site.

Thank you.

Lawrence

• tarot   6 years 13 weeks ago

Thank you.

Lawrence

• Changing avatar image   6 years 13 weeks ago

Still seeing an error although the msg changed slightly.

* The selected file /usr/local/tmp/tmp_cTCsoa could not be copied.

* Failed to upload the picture image; the avatars directory doesn't exist or is not writable.

• Changing avatar image   6 years 13 weeks ago

Still seeing an error although the msg changed slightly.

* The selected file /usr/local/tmp/tmp_cTCsoa could not be copied.

• Changing avatar image   6 years 13 weeks ago

Thanks for pointing this out. The problem should be fixed -- please try again to upload your new avatar.

• Changing avatar image   6 years 13 weeks ago

• Weather in Chelemby   6 years 14 weeks ago

Dandy

We are aware of this issue - and in fact will be addressing it in Venarive - which will include a weather system and tables which will cover all of the regions of northwestern Lythia - including Chelemby.

For the present, you should find that "Cool Temperate" weather table - which is the table for Harn - will work reasonably well for Chelemby.

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Weather in Chelemby   6 years 14 weeks ago

Dandy

Regards

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 18 weeks ago

Yes - I'd say both the Ottomans and the Persians are good source material for Dalkesh.

The key, however, is to always remember - HârnWorld / Kèthîra / Lýthia / Venârive are not Terra / Eurasia / Europe....

Using Terran examples as inspiration is great - using them as a straight-jacket or transplanting them completely, is less likely to be useful.

Cheers

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 18 weeks ago

Cheers

---------------------
    Fástred na Beréma,
    Rowánti na Sávè-k’nôr

• Dalkesh - The Undiscovered Country?   6 years 18 weeks ago

I've always thought Dalkesh looked a bit too much like Egypt. So, when I developed Dalkesh characters & back stories, I went with the Ottoman Empire.

As our friend above says: "a caste-based, slave-keeping, highly centralised polity with theocratic overtones and a profound disdain for foreigners."

Aloras