• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

I saw the main file was 250 pages, and immediately decided to have mercy on my son's color inkjet printer (thank goodness I had a fresh toner cartridge and plenty of paper in the laser printer!). Then I looked at the folder the files had unzipped themselves to, and saw that my US$35.00 also included 30 pages of index, plus both single-layer and multilayer PDF maps of Venarive -- lots of very nice and unexpected bonuses! I haven't used PDF maps much before, and I like how I can zoom in on a region I'm particularly interested in. (In fact, I did that just now, while quickly retelling to my teenage daughter the legend of the founding of Byria -- I had the map zoomed in to 300% & centered on southern Azeryan, and could scroll up & down to display the regions I was telling her about.)
    I read the link on this site explaining how to use multilayered PDF maps, and that helped.

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

We really hope you enjoy this product as much as we enjoyed (mostly!) working on it.

It has been a real labour of love, and is a big homage to Robin by those involved.

You may be pleased to know that Robin individual and meticulously approved each and every place name on the map when he visited me in New Zealand in 2007. Robin was equally fascinated by all those far away places, and its one of my great sadnesses that he never got to see the fully completed product.

Still - its feedback like yours that keeps us going... so thanks again!

Regards

Jeremy and the team

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

Still - its feedback like yours that keeps us going... so thanks again!

Regards

Jeremy and the team

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

Ever since I bought the 1st ed. Harnmaster rules from CGI (maybe about 15-20 years ago?), and saw that Azeryan was one of the regional modules in the future projects list, I've been wanting to hunt down every scrap of info I could glean about mainland Lythia. (So I bought CGI's Shorkyne module, downloaded the fanon Trierzon module from Lythia.com, and every so often browse Harn-related fan sites for fan community speculations about places like Byria, Dalkesh, Hepekeria, etc..) I've downloaded the free Venarive Player Guide from Lythia.com this week, and plan to ask for the full product as my Mother's Day present this year. (I may have to print it out on my black & white laser printer, though, unless I bribe my son with spare cartridges for his color inkjet printer. Or I could always hand-tint the illustrations on the black & white printout pages -- like people did with picture postcards a century ago!)
    Anyway, well done, Kelestia Productions, and keep up the good work!

(UPDATE: My spouse just paid Paypal for downloading Venarive -- I am one very happy (and very "geeky") mom!)

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

Anyway, well done, Kelestia Productions, and keep up the good work!

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

So far I am more than happy. A great job, and on a sad note, a real shame that Robin never got to see this one released. I couldn't be happier and look forward to many years of 'expansion' releases for various regions. That big, layered, pdf map of Meokolis for starters.

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

I am truly happy to see this release. Not only am I eagerly looking forward to absorbing the information, but this is also Kelestia's first significant release (for sale, not free) since NRC passed. This module demonstrates that the torch has been passed and that NRC's legacy will live on. Congratulations to the entire Kelestia team for what must have been an incredible act not only of perseverance, but of love . . .

Oh, the new website looks good, too!

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

Oh, the new website looks good, too!

Allan

Nope, we didn't get to that level of detail for Melderyn.

Regards

Allan

Nope, we didn't get to that level of detail for Melderyn.

Regards

• Character Generation   7 years 41 weeks ago

Hi Allan

I'll look into it.

• Character Generation   7 years 41 weeks ago

Hi Allan

I'll look into it.

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

Was the blockade fleet mentioned in the new module?
    How many and type of ship?

I do own the new module, just no time with work to look at it.

Allan

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 41 weeks ago

Was the blockade fleet mentioned in the new module?
    How many and type of ship?

I do own the new module, just no time with work to look at it.

Allan

• Firis & Points East   7 years 41 weeks ago

Hi all.

This has been discussed in depth before me-thinks....:)

However; to chime in regarding the OP and 'obstacles' I would like to raise the spectre of vested interests. Regardless of whether the salt route is logical/economical in comparison to other proposed routes...it exists and people make money out of it...now...

Those people..mercantylers, guildsmen..senators..tribesmen!! would no doubt have something to say about their current livelihood being displaced. Now, due to mercantylers eye for the bottom line they pehaps should be seen as 'opportunities' if they can be persuaded of the benefits of a new route. The same goes for Senators; but IMHO thry would be a bit more conservative and indecisive than traders...and require more bribes and time to come round to the idea. A lot of Rhetoric rolls and cash needed methinks...:) This in itself might make 'change' prohibitive...even if change in the long run seems more logical...

The effect of a route change on the Tulwyn I think would be most interesting. Whilst it may merely supplant the southern with a Northern cross tribe range route...surely this would change which sub tribes would benefit? This IMHO could have catastrophic effects on Tulwyn politics and ergo Thardan border security. Or it could all be smoothed over by a charismatic Headman/woman :)

Add this to an at least maintained Gargun threat and one has to ask why bother??? Or perhaps more pertinently...who benefits..

• Firis & Points East   7 years 41 weeks ago

Hi all.

This has been discussed in depth before me-thinks....:)

• Character Generation   7 years 41 weeks ago

What I was looking for was a Chelemby specific Occupation table, and maybe any other info to make island characters.

Allan

• Character Generation   7 years 41 weeks ago

Allan

• Firis & Points East   7 years 41 weeks ago

Quote from the Korego article:

"Korego is the oldest Gargun colony on Ham and, due to its proximity to the well-travelled Salt Route, one of the most troublesome. Caravaneers may quibble about whether the Hyeka of Korego or the Tulwyn tribesmen are the greater peril to travel between eastern and western Ham, but both are feared."

Since Korego are attacking caravans on the current Salt Route, running a trail *even closer* to them seems... unwise? :)

• Firis & Points East   7 years 41 weeks ago

Quote from the Korego article:

• Miscellaneous "To Dos"   7 years 41 weeks ago

I think separate character generation tables for cultures is a good idea

perhaps along culutural lines/regions

for example

a baseline "standard" table

another for Ivinian culture (Chelemby, Ivinia, Harbaal etc)

another for Venarian Sea cultures (Azeryan, Karejian, Dalkesh etc)

I think this would help emphasise the cultural differences etc of each region.

you could even add variations within cultures. for example Chelembians might have less of a martial orientation and more of a commercial orentiation when compared with traditional Ivinian culture.

• Miscellaneous "To Dos"   7 years 41 weeks ago

Do we need one for Chélemby (and possibly for other "semi-Ivinian" locations, like Tarkain, Menema, Korlua etc)?

What about other locations?

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published   7 years 41 weeks ago

A comprehensive review of Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia has been posted on HârnForum:

The same review is also available on the "Bat in the Attic" blog: