• Venârivè errata - fixed   7 years 49 weeks ago

Thanks Ian...

Even with all the hours of checking and reviewing, we knew there would be some slips... Thanks for taking the time to point these out.

We will get right on to addressing them. Once they are incorporated, I will let everyone know, and you will be able to re-download the updated file.

PS - if anyone else spots a typo, please feel free to email me - fastred AT mac DOT com

J

• Venârivè errata - fixed   7 years 49 weeks ago

Thanks Ian...

J

• Firis & Points East   7 years 49 weeks ago

TULWYNI: In submitting my previous posts, I had to re-read the Tulwyn article twice, before I noticed:

"Tolls collected are taken to the overchief who divides them fairly among the tribes."

Followed a bit later by:

"Even the great seasonal caravans exchange gifts with the Tulwyni who will usually must a force thirty leagues from Taztos to intercept them for this purpose."

Note that only one force is mustered for each seasonal caravan, with the toll collected distributed "fairly among the tribes." Thus, there would likely be effects on Tulwyn internal politics only if the specific distribution changes. Is the distribution based on which and how much of a particular tribe's lands are crossed? Or is it based on some other factor (such as the tribe's ranking relative to other tribes)? If the latter applies - very likely or else the lead Kirandar tribe would get NONE of the loot (per the tribal range map in the Tulwyn article, which shows the Salt Route lying completely outside its range) - there is no risk of internal upheaval.

Also - by the same map - the new route hardly crosses the "heart" of Tulwyn territory. The current route crosses the territory of 10 of the 29 sovereign tribes. The new one crosses the territory of only 5 tribes or even just 3 (if the Farin is used to complete the last leg upstream to Trobridge, with a tow-path along the eastern bank). Of course, one of these is the lead Kirandar tribe but the crossing is through the narrowest and hilliest extent of their range (rather than it's "heart").

THARDAN - To my mind, this is the most likely the source of the reason a shorter route has not been developed yet. Moleryn is the capital of Ramala Province; routing the caravan elsewhere would severely reduce the lucrativeness of the post. Of course, it would likewise *increase* the lucrativeness of other posts (namely Firis and Estane, the latter of which must currently be very minor, in Lucrativeness Rankings). So changing the route would depend upon finding a Senator with the right mixture of craftiness and patience. Such a paragon could bargain himself into possession of these seemingly-minor posts without being too obvious about it, at the same time that he arranges a quiet deal with the Mercantyler's Guild to possibly re-route their flatboats at some future date . . . and hires the PCs to secretly build him a trail 15-20 leagues in length (with most of it through hilly wilderness), negotiating it with the Tulwyn as they go.

• Firis & Points East   7 years 49 weeks ago

Followed a bit later by:

• Firis & Points East   7 years 49 weeks ago

I don't have access to the interactive map (still too poor).

But the Gargun information in Harndex says they generally have a hunting radius of two to three map hexes around the marked site. The new route is rather a bit further away than this.

While the occasional swarm would be a danger (these seem able to reach the heart of the Tulwyn range), Gargun patrols or hunting parties probably aren't. Like the other poster said, there's an entire Tulwyn sovereign tribe (the Mylmoc) between Korego and the new route. Even if the Gargun stick to the heights (which the Tulwyn avoid) on the way southwest, they would still need to come down through foothills controlled by another sovereign tribe (the Tuga) before reaching the new route.

• Firis & Points East   7 years 49 weeks ago

I don't have access to the interactive map (still too poor).

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 49 weeks ago

I spent way too much time on the weekend with the interactive Venarive map open and the printed module in my other hand cross referencing locations and plotting campaign ideas.

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 49 weeks ago

• Character Generation   7 years 49 weeks ago

Crickey, that was a good table. Recommend anyone else have a look and give it some thought.

Allan

• Character Generation   7 years 49 weeks ago

Allan

• Character Generation   7 years 49 weeks ago

Thanks sounds good, I have pinged you.
    Allan

• Character Generation   7 years 49 weeks ago

Thanks sounds good, I have pinged you.
    Allan

• Character Generation   7 years 49 weeks ago

I have produced a draft 'occupation table' for Chélemby.

If anyone is interested and would like to playtest / review it, please contact me (fastred AT mac DOT com).

Regards

• Character Generation   7 years 49 weeks ago

I have produced a draft 'occupation table' for Chélemby.

Regards

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

I saw the main file was 250 pages, and immediately decided to have mercy on my son's color inkjet printer (thank goodness I had a fresh toner cartridge and plenty of paper in the laser printer!). Then I looked at the folder the files had unzipped themselves to, and saw that my US$35.00 also included 30 pages of index, plus both single-layer and multilayer PDF maps of Venarive -- lots of very nice and unexpected bonuses! I haven't used PDF maps much before, and I like how I can zoom in on a region I'm particularly interested in. (In fact, I did that just now, while quickly retelling to my teenage daughter the legend of the founding of Byria -- I had the map zoomed in to 300% & centered on southern Azeryan, and could scroll up & down to display the regions I was telling her about.)
    I read the link on this site explaining how to use multilayered PDF maps, and that helped.

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

We really hope you enjoy this product as much as we enjoyed (mostly!) working on it.

It has been a real labour of love, and is a big homage to Robin by those involved.

You may be pleased to know that Robin individual and meticulously approved each and every place name on the map when he visited me in New Zealand in 2007. Robin was equally fascinated by all those far away places, and its one of my great sadnesses that he never got to see the fully completed product.

Still - its feedback like yours that keeps us going... so thanks again!

Regards

Jeremy and the team

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

Still - its feedback like yours that keeps us going... so thanks again!

Regards

Jeremy and the team

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

Ever since I bought the 1st ed. Harnmaster rules from CGI (maybe about 15-20 years ago?), and saw that Azeryan was one of the regional modules in the future projects list, I've been wanting to hunt down every scrap of info I could glean about mainland Lythia. (So I bought CGI's Shorkyne module, downloaded the fanon Trierzon module from Lythia.com, and every so often browse Harn-related fan sites for fan community speculations about places like Byria, Dalkesh, Hepekeria, etc..) I've downloaded the free Venarive Player Guide from Lythia.com this week, and plan to ask for the full product as my Mother's Day present this year. (I may have to print it out on my black & white laser printer, though, unless I bribe my son with spare cartridges for his color inkjet printer. Or I could always hand-tint the illustrations on the black & white printout pages -- like people did with picture postcards a century ago!)
    Anyway, well done, Kelestia Productions, and keep up the good work!

(UPDATE: My spouse just paid Paypal for downloading Venarive -- I am one very happy (and very "geeky") mom!)

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

Anyway, well done, Kelestia Productions, and keep up the good work!

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

So far I am more than happy. A great job, and on a sad note, a real shame that Robin never got to see this one released. I couldn't be happier and look forward to many years of 'expansion' releases for various regions. That big, layered, pdf map of Meokolis for starters.

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

I am truly happy to see this release. Not only am I eagerly looking forward to absorbing the information, but this is also Kelestia's first significant release (for sale, not free) since NRC passed. This module demonstrates that the torch has been passed and that NRC's legacy will live on. Congratulations to the entire Kelestia team for what must have been an incredible act not only of perseverance, but of love . . .

Oh, the new website looks good, too!

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

Oh, the new website looks good, too!

• Venârivè: Northwestern Lýthia is published!   7 years 50 weeks ago

Allan

Nope, we didn't get to that level of detail for Melderyn.

Regards