• Happy 2015!   2 years 10 weeks ago

Back at you Balesir!

• Happy 2015!   2 years 10 weeks ago

Back at you Balesir!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 17 weeks ago

Every edit is a judgment call.

You could make the same complaint about Palithane, Alagon etc.. There is quite a bit of their history buried in the same article, because some discussion of the neighbors is necessary for context. The point of the paragraphs is that Emelrene had a role in the development of the Melderyni kingdom which was not universally appreciated. I agree that the point could have been made more briefly - the seams do show a bit there. When you have multiple authors for a text it's hard to get the flow just right.

The half-finished family trees are waiting in KP's development "cloud" for someone to complete. But that will be a big project.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 17 weeks ago

Every edit is a judgment call.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 17 weeks ago

That's the point. It is "Emelrene" and not "Melderyn". When you put material in and don't explain it, as is the case here, it at best detracts instead of adding to what you are trying to get across. Especially, when such material has appeared elsewhere. I have to admit there is a whole lot more material on "Melderyn" in Emelrene than I ever expected. And except for my criticism such material adds to both "Emelrene" and "Melderyn".

Pokep you mention that family trees have been developed for many clans, but I haven't seen any that was developed specifically by Kelestia. Everything I've seen is either previously developed and put into canon or is fanon developed. Family trees are useful it allows one to see at a glance where a character fits into a clan. And no one, certainly not I, am saying that such genealogies need to be complete. The published ones certainly aren't. Now I don't know how complete the genealogies are that you are referencing, you have more knowledge on that than I, but they are still very useful. And I hope such a piece as you describe will be released in the future.

Out of everything that has been published to date, and I mean across the board here, Emelrene is in my estimation the best yet! I couldn't be more pleased over all. Kelestia generally errs on giving more information instead of less and I appreciate that very much! It's certainly better than cutting valuable information because you are a slave to page numbers and therefore loose valuable content. But, even now when I read through that section it still jars me. As I said I'm extremely impressed! The author(s), et al., should be very proud of this piece! Keep up the good work!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 17 weeks ago

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 17 weeks ago

Well, it is "Emelrene" you were reading. How much were you expecting on the history of early Melderyn?

Family trees have been developed for many clans, but Emelan clans are generally much larger than Harnic or Cheler clans and the connections are numerous (espectially with the Emhle). The geneology work was holding up the rest of the publication and was going to take up a whole lot of pages. Perhaps someone will volunteer to finish the project and they can be released in a "Great Clans of Emelrene".

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 17 weeks ago

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 18 weeks ago

I posted my comments on Emelrene a while back, but it seems that it just disappeared into the ether, so I'll try again.

The content of the Emelrene module is simply fantastic overall! I've really enjoyed reading it; especially the culture, folklore, society, and especially how they think under the culture subheading is very useful.

I do however have two criticism. The first is no family trees for anyone. The second comes under the history section dealing with Melderyn. The explanation of how the five kingdoms remained as electors of the crown and then were absorbed into the feudal structure is way to simplistic. It either shouldn't have been in there or it needs to be expanded and explained in further detail.

I'm more than pleased with the quality of Emelrene and it certainly is worth the money. I would highly recommend it!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 18 weeks ago

• Future development question   2 years 20 weeks ago

You'll be getting your wish, eventually. Maps for every inch of Kethira are in some stage of development - even that archipelago south of Molnasya that no one ever mentions. (I'm sure those islands were Robin's nod to New Zealand, so you would think that Jeremy would have already written a 200 page opus on it.)

• Future development question   2 years 20 weeks ago

• Future development question   2 years 20 weeks ago

I would love to see the other side of Lythia developed as the @Western half has been. I'd love to be able to have some structure to hang adventure on that fall outside of the Western half of the continent. Of course, my dream would be to see all of the continents get the Venarive/Anzeloria scale treatment.

It would be really nice to see some consistency between sections of the continent. I like the scale of the Anzeloria map for some detail, but a map to the scale of the venarive map would have been nice for the sake of continuity.

• Future development question   2 years 20 weeks ago

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   2 years 21 weeks ago

We have now added a third version of this map, which is entirely in Lakíse and Emélan, the script and language of the Eméla.

It can be accessed in the download zip file, or directly here:

• Future development question   2 years 21 weeks ago

We don't like to make specific commitments, because our work is ready when its done, but yes - we have work in progress on Karéjia, Tríerzòn, and Eastern Lýthia. And other areas.

• Future development question   2 years 21 weeks ago

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   2 years 23 weeks ago

Nice map! It is not obvious that there is a zip archive accessed by clicking on the map.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 26 weeks ago

Most printers these days have an option to print what is on the current view. So you can blow up the area you want to fit the window and then print it. You could also copy a snapshot of the area desired and then print that as well.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 26 weeks ago

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 26 weeks ago

I am looking at printing the map and notice
    that the map looks like it's 80" × 51" is that right?
    Is there a way just to print certain parts
    Of it

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 26 weeks ago

I am looking at printing the map and notice
    that the map looks like it's 80" × 51" is that right?
    Is there a way just to print certain parts
    Of it

• Typos, Mistakes?   2 years 28 weeks ago

thanks for the notice! We'll work on getting corrections.

• Typos, Mistakes?   2 years 28 weeks ago

thanks for the notice! We'll work on getting corrections.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 28 weeks ago

The main map is a seperate product:

I admit that a poetic map - something that could be handed out as a "map" to the players - would be great as part of the kingdom-module, but you cannot get more detail then this map provides.