• Back after a Hiatus - no files in my downloads   2 years 18 weeks ago

Hi Brian

Welcome back!

I did respond to your earlier email, but I hadn't heard back from you.

It looks like you purchased HM Gold Gamemasters Edition prior to October 2008, when this current site and store were set up.

I have added this to your downloads section.

This is the only purchase we have a record of (and, yes, it was under 'John Sommers').

Regards

• Back after a Hiatus - no files in my downloads   2 years 18 weeks ago

Hi Brian

Welcome back!

I did respond to your earlier email, but I hadn't heard back from you.

I have added this to your downloads section.

Regards

• 'bout Blowguns   2 years 21 weeks ago

>As a mounted modifier I would use ...: -15.

Perhaps my imagination just fails me, but I cannot see anybody using a blowgun from a moving mount. I would not allow for mounted blowgun at all unless the mount is still, in which case the modifier can be voided.

• 'bout Blowguns   2 years 21 weeks ago

>As a mounted modifier I would use ...: -15.

• 'bout Blowguns   2 years 22 weeks ago

Hi,

The values Bill Gant gives do indeed seem reasonable, and fit pretty well with the HM1 values for blowguns, so they should work fine.

As a mounted modifier I would use something analogous to javelins: -15.

The Str requirement is presumably a typo on Bill's sheet; neither blowguns nor slings have any Str requirement. The symbols on the missile table for slings (including staff slings) simply mean that their Str requirement is as given on the weapon tables - i.e., there isn't one!

I haven't come accross a range limit for blowguns, other than the 32 hex maximum from the missile range table. Using 1 x End seems somewhat dubious because almost no-one would get the benefit of the longest range (32 hexes), and many would not even get a penalty at maximum range (if they have End 16 or less). Bear in mind, also, that End is already included in the skill base for the blowgun - this strikes me as a rather superfluous rule. Having said that, if you like it, use it!

• 'bout Blowguns   2 years 22 weeks ago

Hi,

As a mounted modifier I would use something analogous to javelins: -15.

• Venerive layer selection   2 years 25 weeks ago

It has only happened to me once, and only on one document, but I have had a PDF get strangely corrupted. On all the maps within the Tashal PDF, the map key numbers were just out of place, badly so.

Never did manage to fix the corrupted document, so I just deleted and downloaded a new copy.

For Kelestia, somewhere in your "My Account" section, there will be a list of everything you've purchased, and you can get fresh copies there (at no cost).

• Venerive layer selection   2 years 25 weeks ago

• Venerive layer selection   2 years 27 weeks ago

I have all the latest upgrades of the reader.

• Venerive layer selection   2 years 27 weeks ago

I have all the latest upgrades of the reader.

• Venerive layer selection   2 years 27 weeks ago

Lawrence

Since I don't know what software you are using, I can't be very specific in responding. It does seem to be a software issue, rather than anything to do with our maps.

Perhaps you could try re-installing the software? Our maps can be viewed with layers using the free version of Adobe Reader, so you could always install that.

Hope this helps.

• Venerive layer selection   2 years 27 weeks ago

Lawrence

Hope this helps.

• Happy 2015!   2 years 28 weeks ago

Happy New Year!

• Happy 2015!   2 years 28 weeks ago

Happy New Year!

• Happy 2015!   2 years 28 weeks ago

Back at you Balesir!

• Happy 2015!   2 years 28 weeks ago

Back at you Balesir!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 34 weeks ago

Every edit is a judgment call.

You could make the same complaint about Palithane, Alagon etc.. There is quite a bit of their history buried in the same article, because some discussion of the neighbors is necessary for context. The point of the paragraphs is that Emelrene had a role in the development of the Melderyni kingdom which was not universally appreciated. I agree that the point could have been made more briefly - the seams do show a bit there. When you have multiple authors for a text it's hard to get the flow just right.

The half-finished family trees are waiting in KP's development "cloud" for someone to complete. But that will be a big project.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 34 weeks ago

Every edit is a judgment call.

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 34 weeks ago

That's the point. It is "Emelrene" and not "Melderyn". When you put material in and don't explain it, as is the case here, it at best detracts instead of adding to what you are trying to get across. Especially, when such material has appeared elsewhere. I have to admit there is a whole lot more material on "Melderyn" in Emelrene than I ever expected. And except for my criticism such material adds to both "Emelrene" and "Melderyn".

Pokep you mention that family trees have been developed for many clans, but I haven't seen any that was developed specifically by Kelestia. Everything I've seen is either previously developed and put into canon or is fanon developed. Family trees are useful it allows one to see at a glance where a character fits into a clan. And no one, certainly not I, am saying that such genealogies need to be complete. The published ones certainly aren't. Now I don't know how complete the genealogies are that you are referencing, you have more knowledge on that than I, but they are still very useful. And I hope such a piece as you describe will be released in the future.

Out of everything that has been published to date, and I mean across the board here, Emelrene is in my estimation the best yet! I couldn't be more pleased over all. Kelestia generally errs on giving more information instead of less and I appreciate that very much! It's certainly better than cutting valuable information because you are a slave to page numbers and therefore loose valuable content. But, even now when I read through that section it still jars me. As I said I'm extremely impressed! The author(s), et al., should be very proud of this piece! Keep up the good work!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 34 weeks ago

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 35 weeks ago

Well, it is "Emelrene" you were reading. How much were you expecting on the history of early Melderyn?

Family trees have been developed for many clans, but Emelan clans are generally much larger than Harnic or Cheler clans and the connections are numerous (espectially with the Emhle). The geneology work was holding up the rest of the publication and was going to take up a whole lot of pages. Perhaps someone will volunteer to finish the project and they can be released in a "Great Clans of Emelrene".

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 35 weeks ago

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 35 weeks ago

I posted my comments on Emelrene a while back, but it seems that it just disappeared into the ether, so I'll try again.

The content of the Emelrene module is simply fantastic overall! I've really enjoyed reading it; especially the culture, folklore, society, and especially how they think under the culture subheading is very useful.

I do however have two criticism. The first is no family trees for anyone. The second comes under the history section dealing with Melderyn. The explanation of how the five kingdoms remained as electors of the crown and then were absorbed into the feudal structure is way to simplistic. It either shouldn't have been in there or it needs to be expanded and explained in further detail.

I'm more than pleased with the quality of Emelrene and it certainly is worth the money. I would highly recommend it!

• Kingdom of Emélrenè Feedback   2 years 35 weeks ago

• Future development question   2 years 37 weeks ago

You'll be getting your wish, eventually. Maps for every inch of Kethira are in some stage of development - even that archipelago south of Molnasya that no one ever mentions. (I'm sure those islands were Robin's nod to New Zealand, so you would think that Jeremy would have already written a 200 page opus on it.)