• Merge (Common ML)   24 weeks 3 days ago

The idea of the Merge spell is to be a component in "experimental magic". You could use it, for example, to merge castings of the "Sanctum" and "Balm of Gresan" spells in the hope that you might find something that both acts as a Sanctum and also helps heal wounds while you are in it, or perhaps a Sanctum that gives some particular benefit when casting Balm of Gresan while in it. The results are undefined, and are subject to GM discretion/player-GM negotiation. You might also look at making Apocalypse World Engine style rolls to determine how close to what the mage actually wanted the result turns out to be...

• Weights & Measurements   26 weeks 1 hour ago

Hi

I've always assumed that one Hârnic foot = one imperial (or US customary) foot = 0.3048m (metre). Venârivè (and Hârndex) are simply using historic measurements based on the: foot (foot); stride or pace (yard); length of a furrow [this is the distance a team of oxen can plough without resting] (furlong).

Although the league is an ancient measurement, it was usually about 3 miles, or one hour's walk. Making one Hârnic league = 4400 yards was a clever move (I suspect it was Robin's idea) as by this definition:

1 Hârnic league = 2.5 miles (exactly) = 4023.36m (exactly)

Rounding 4023.36m down to 4000m gives an error of 0.58%, which would be useless if you were trying to put a satellite in orbit, but for a group of characters walking or riding over two watches, it's good enough.

• Weights & Measurements   26 weeks 1 hour ago

Hi

1 Hârnic league = 2.5 miles (exactly) = 4023.36m (exactly)

• Compatability   27 weeks 4 days ago

Yeah that's what my thought were.
    Pity the rules format makes it confusing, they should have highlighted additions/modifications to base rules imho.
    The change in format would allow you to mix n match the rules as you see fit, as they are not all products mix n match well, and to change/modify them, you have to become a rules wizard. That hampers the game sadly.
    This happened with D&D, as an example, where 2nd, 3rd, 4th, editions are atkin to CG's v3, gold would be 3rd, and the core rules 2nd edition. Leaving the st edition rules as "classic" syled rules.
    I get torn between supporting Kelestia & CG products, no matter which style or rule set you wish to use, it's more work than it should involve. The differences between products stem on their own paths, Kelestia is more akin to proper rules, whereas CG seems to go further on various fronts.
    It comes down to vision of their IP, I'd prefer to back KEL all the way with a few exceptions like map style. There should be some common ground. Sadly atm, it's like robin's vision is like Michael Angelo, Kelestia is like Van Gogh, and CG is google maps.
    Take another difference, HarnManor, the system is very useful and expands on the original, however in the usual CG manner, they inflate stats breaking feudal economic system. There needs to be some sort of primer for adjusting the level of economics, whereas the module is great, it does not justify a stagnant economic system that imho, breaks the realism. I mean, how does a manor is all the variety of Kingdoms vary using this system? Trade, production level, population, location, and social structure should adjust the pricing. It would be very beneficial to have a stand alone Economic rule book, that had a stack of data, adjustments, with the above mentioned pieces.
    ie. HarnManor put into an economic simulator such as Patrician IV, Grand Ages: Medieval, Port Royale 3, Banished, or even Anno 1404 - Dawn of Discovery: Venice, as examples. Economic flow should also vary depending on Land or Sea, the markets, ports, and the flow of goods should fluctuate within the Kingdoms, shires, towns and villages. If you use HarnManor to flesh out a new provincial area, you should be able to create a new addition to the economic model and over time, see shifts in which goods are in demand or decline. In turn, affecting the population and social order of the living world in each and every area.

• Compatability   27 weeks 4 days ago

Yeah that's what my thought were.

• Possible 2nd Account   29 weeks 21 hours ago

I do know that the database died and had to be revived sometime back in the "00's". Contact Kelestia via the contact button and I am sure they can help you out.

• Possible 2nd Account   29 weeks 21 hours ago

• Compatability   29 weeks 21 hours ago

Harnmaster Gold is a update of Harnmaster 1st edition. It keeps a lot of the crunchy bits that were shaved off with Harnmaster 2nd and 3rd edition.
    Harnmaster Barbarians is fine, except that the invocations are arbitrary and sometimes down right silly. Same goes for Harnmaster Religion where Larani has better healing then Peoni.

Harnmaster Gold will not have any discrepancies with Harndex as Harndex is system neutral.

• Compatability   29 weeks 21 hours ago

• Possible 2nd Account   29 weeks 2 days ago

Because of the time period it would have been an account as zrayaan and probably using zrayaan@yahoo or *possibly* zrayaan.shopping@gmail (even possibly teak.shopping but I don't think I ever had that address). I do know it would have been prior to/circa 2004. I no longer have a paypal account under the zrayaan address, but I am nearly positive Kelestia didn't use that service at the time because I have pretty good records stemming from sales on ebay during that time.

And if I had to guess, I only bought HMG Player/GM and Lost Deities.

• Possible 2nd Account   29 weeks 2 days ago

And if I had to guess, I only bought HMG Player/GM and Lost Deities.

• Compatability   29 weeks 5 days ago

What is wrong with HarnMaster Barbarians?

I'm also looking at HMG rules myself, so if you're trying to roll back the HMv3 rules you can waste a lot of time.

Just wish there was an article or simpler way to see the deviations and version of rules.

Run into the same thing for Harn Manor, the first version is simple, the expansion from CG moves towards their v3 rules. My concern with their version is the inflated data.

Will there ever be a "descrepencies with HarnMaster Gold" adjustment, maybe in the form of harndex?

• Compatability   29 weeks 5 days ago

What is wrong with HarnMaster Barbarians?

• Possible 2nd Account   30 weeks 3 days ago

It may simply be because you bought them a very long time ago.
    I'm speculating, but I know that my orders go back to 09/09/08, and the orders I placed before then (all the HMG stuff, Chelemby Kingdom, Evanekin, Koladis, Ledenheim, AK folio 1 (and possibly more)) don't appear in my file downloads.
    -N-

• Possible 2nd Account   30 weeks 3 days ago

It may simply be because you bought them a very long time ago.
    -N-

• How many out there?   34 weeks 2 days ago

I haven't had a chance to play in Harn recently, but I still stop by semi frequently to see what's going on. I'm actually hoping to start up a Harn game to contrast the mid level D&D Adventurers League games I've been running for the FLGS. When I do, I'll be using HMG as my rules of choice.

• How many out there?   34 weeks 2 days ago

• How many out there?   34 weeks 4 days ago

I'm still here, just a lot less time for gaming, especially PnP RPG's in general.

• How many out there?   34 weeks 4 days ago

• Premium Content   35 weeks 6 days ago

Dear Jan,

Thanks, both as e-mail and a message on here. Thank you.
    It works of course.

Thanks for a great service,

Bart

• Premium Content   35 weeks 6 days ago

Hi! Access to the Premium area is normally granted soon after you've reached the 100 $ threshold.

I've just checked your profile and you are definitely a Premium Member now. Please clear your browser's cache and your Kelestia.com cookies. Then please log back in to your Kelestia.com account. The "Premium" button should now appear to the right of the "Contact" button. If it still isn't there, please let us know.

• Premium Content   37 weeks 22 hours ago

Hello, I am at 100 now. But I can imagine that there is a timelag for the update of the button. (For example one check and update a month.) Can you let me know if this is the case? Thanks in advance.

• How many out there?   40 weeks 1 day ago
    HMG

I switched over to HMG about 6 years ago now and have never regretted it once. For decades, I used Harn (and Kethera) as my world for 2E D&D, but got sick of trying to change D&D to fit my idea of the world as I wanted it. A friend invited me to play in his D&D 2nd edition about a year or so ago, and I just couldn't enjoy it now. Don't get me wrong, loved and poayed D&D from the original white papmphlet style books when it was THE RPG out there, played AD&D, 2nd Edition and tinkered with 3rd before hanging up my D&D spurs for good. Too much fantasy and unbelievable amounts of magic and monsters for the world when looked at from my older more experienced gamers eyes (which at 53, would benefit from glasses, but I digress). HMG gets rid of all the things I hated in the old system. Mortality is once more something other than a mild inconvenience surmounted by a moderately experienced priest. Killing everything and stealing its stuff has way less appeal if a normal person with a normal weapon might lay you in your grave.

• How many out there?   40 weeks 1 day ago
    HMG

• Ivinia and Shorkyne   40 weeks 4 days ago

My players constantly pine for a low magic fantasy world and are tired of being murder hobos. A richly developed world like Kelestia/Harn is really ideal. I would love to see other kingdoms in Ivinia developed as mentioned above, especially Seldenbaal.