• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 2 days ago

So that's where the info came from - I never thought to look in the Halean article. Much appreciated.

I can see Shomos as being a comparatively small provincial town - hence it not being listed as either a chartered or imperial city, nor even as a provincial town in Venarive (and therefore not showing up on the map). But it must have some considerable wealth for someone (or someone's) to be able to afford to spend 42,000d on an animal for the Pamesani arena - that isn't too far from the cost of a small keep!

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 2 days ago

• Earthmaster Sites on Continental Venârivè   12 weeks 2 days ago

There has been some work done on Emélrenè sites.

pédhgobàidh (best wishes),

Fástred na Beréma.

• Earthmaster Sites on Continental Venârivè   12 weeks 2 days ago

There has been some work done on Emélrenè sites.

pédhgobàidh (best wishes),

Fástred na Beréma.

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 3 days ago

pokep reminded me to look in another document. I found Shomos listed in a book describing the Church of Halea and its economic impact on the continent.

Ridha - tr536-tr551 - The first Hilénea to have risen from outside Karéjia proper, Ridha was an ethnic Karéjian born in Shomos. The first theologically minded Hilénea since Hasiela I, she developed the doctrine of Divine Ecstacy. (Halean Church, p. 11, Halean Church Pre-Release Draft).

There is definitely a Shomos. It could well be on Sanos Island.

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 3 days ago

There is definitely a Shomos. It could well be on Sanos Island.

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 4 days ago

Thank you both, Alex and Pokep. I think I'll presume it's Sanos until proven otherwise!

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 4 days ago

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 5 days ago

The placename also shows up as the birthplace of a Halean pontiff. The only place that logically would have both a Pamesani arena, a past Halean pontiff, and an interest in an Azeryan quarter would be Sanos. The other possibility would be Shomiro, but that's an inland city that's seems less likely to be closely tied to Hanvuche.

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 5 days ago

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 6 days ago

Chances are, we'll have to wait for an Ázeryàn module to come out to find out for sure.

The closest fit is the island and city of Sános, opposite the Straits of Sánon from Azeryan. Sános is just southwest of Helás, and is therefore off the Karéjia map, as it would be - Sános turns up on the Venârivè map.

If Shomos is anywhere, it'll be somewhere in Ázeryàn, so we'll have to wait for the module.

• Where is Shomos?   12 weeks 6 days ago

• Earthmaster Sites on Continental Venârivè   16 weeks 6 days ago

I haven't heard of any work being done on sites outside Emelrene.

• Earthmaster Sites on Continental Venârivè   16 weeks 6 days ago

I haven't heard of any work being done on sites outside Emelrene.

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   26 weeks 4 days ago

clicking on the link in Fastred's comment above will pull up the correct map.

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   26 weeks 4 days ago

I can confirm what Balesir has found - the two files emelrene_poetic_m.pdf and emelrene_poetic_lakise.pdf both have the same file size.

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   26 weeks 6 days ago

Indeed - it appears that emelrene_poetic_lakise.pdf in the zip is a copy of emelrene_poetic_m.pdf rather than a version with just the flat lakise layer (as per the separately linked map) or a version with lakise layers added (which would be just spiffy, if anyone has one?)

• Poetic map of Emélrenè and surrounding regions   27 weeks 57 min ago

Hi! The Lakise version of the map isn't included in the ZIP file as far as I can tell.

• Tîrgólan War   31 weeks 2 days ago

Changing job myself, if all goes well, from tomorrow I'll be back to a "normal" job. Meaning 9-5, Mon-Fri. Transition going to take a while to get used too :P

Most of my face-to-face group all live overseas now, and a couple deceased. Since I've always been the GM, not having the time to run things has been a bain for the past 6 years, hopfully I can now have a normal timeframe and trying to figure what "a life" means.

Always looking for feedback on ideas and additional comments on future plans.

Atm, wish there was an "insight" from the map people that I could learn how to get started on fleshing out some "undone" maps. Start with maybe a regional map like Quârphor's style, ie. Reksýna or Ûmélria (UMLR & the one above) as everything I'm trying to achieve is pointing to beginnings around Êrdar (as per Kèthîra p20 - Ealiest Cultures).

I'm hunting for the links between the founding of Êrdar (and one NE), and their influence/connections to the spread of earliest Ch’mísa Humans and the connections to Ketâric & Phâric migrations. ie. starting point is the entry about their emergence from caves etc.

• Tîrgólan War   31 weeks 2 days ago

Always looking for feedback on ideas and additional comments on future plans.

• Tîrgólan War   31 weeks 3 days ago

Hey, sorry for the belated reply. Both changing jobs and moving house.

Currently, I'm not gaming anywhere on Kethria. That'll be hopefully remedied once I settle into the new place, but my face-to-face gaming group are currently playing Call of Cthulhu and I don't know if everyone has the time to play two campaigns at once. :(

• Tîrgólan War   31 weeks 3 days ago

Hey, sorry for the belated reply. Both changing jobs and moving house.

• Tîrgólan War   32 weeks 10 hours ago

LazySerf what about you, you gaming in this region or somewhere else?

• Tîrgólan War   32 weeks 10 hours ago

LazySerf what about you, you gaming in this region or somewhere else?

• Tîrgólan War   35 weeks 2 days ago

Sadly not running a campaign atm due to time constraints and juggling work/life balance that seems more one sided :/

The reason for this particular post came up due to a question I had while working on my current project, the timeline of migrations and creating an expanded breakdown of languages and how their movements affected the creation/destruction of new kingdoms and everything affected by the events throughout the timeline.

So in a way linking all the bits together, finding those obscure details while I research this all, with an aim of creating an article that can hopefully be beneficial to others. It all started out from me originally working on some ideas of creating a Kandáy based material expansion, I came to see the history of the tribes and their languages and thought, how did they all split from the far east and get here, and over that time, which language groups went where and how. So in short, a long winded turn of events lead to my current aim. I seen a lack in this area, which put me on the path of realising Venârivè has a lot of stuff I wanna dig my teeth into just as much.

There is a big question, which Kingdom Module, I'd have to Tríerzòn (secretly hoping that the regional map will get finished soon) due to it’s proximity to old kingdoms and is also a migration point of peoples (as above) with a new-ish kingdom stuck in-between the old and new. A crossroad choke point in history and the future.

Venârivè Almanac seems a good approach to a broader, less specific way of accessing details that one can expand upon imho, a bit of everything is right there. Reading some of the newer (now that I finally got them all) material has opening my thinking on how to approach things as well compared to how I started out with the CG material and Kandáy, there was snippets and dead ends. Now I feel I have a better grasp of the area in question, if that makes sense.

I’d also like to see more on (insert everywhere) Hacherdad and the fringe lines of the far east. Both Hacherdad and other places such as Quârphor, Reksýna, Ûmélria, would bridge that gap nicely. I did start with the migrations of the Phâri & Ketâri (just as a starting point) which seem to affected so many over time. Due to the sheer size and extent of Venârivè, seems that with the upcoming Sánthrada material (soon TM) that the aim is to bring all the pieces together. >Insert< they stopped just shy of north Ketârh and east of Ûmélria, north of Ketârh is what I was hoping was going to be in there so I have my starting point of the Ketâri push west. I am also looking forward to digging into the Màfakéta, Kóshéta & Bàkésha splits of those migrations, as this changed a great many including Hacherdad.

I would like to see more City & Town Modules too. Êrdar, Berémah, Meókara/Meokolis, or other key locations of historic change. Which brought up two more things I’d like to start as other projects, the expansion/growth and spread of wealth, religion, alongside migrating peoples. After all they all tie together.

Êrdar is the pot at the end of the rainbow for me, being one of the first settled areas settled and begs further delving. Berémah due to it’s time as different kingdoms, and a part of the growth and creation of various religion and learning. Ending up in Meókara and the growth of the Ázeryàn Empire, now that is one hell of a module right there.

Regional areas that would be great to see expanded include Quârphor, Reksýna, Ûmélria, mainly seeing not only the maps done (so others can start digging into creation of more), but expansive areas (Quârphor & Reksýna for me) as they have a great distance, little in the way of major settlements, yet had great things change history as well as those people within them.

All in all, it seems to be a big swirling pot heading into the creation of the monstrous manual that will be Ázeryàn Kingdom Module.

Sorry if this is quite the slog to read, just wanted to not only answer you questions, but also give you an insight to go alongside your thoughts and put it out there where my head is at.

Before I started this project, I was more of a mapper, then I also realised that maps need things on them. Now just trying to get something I can release that someone can enjoy and do it at a level worthy of all the material out there.