• Spell Duration   26 weeks 4 hours ago

It's the description which throws me - I'm not comprehending these cases. A caster still needs to roll to cast Footfall, correct? I would think there'd be no need to distinguish "basic" from a critical success, unless the critical success doesn't not apply to the basic spell. But the description doesn't seem to support that.

• Spell Duration   26 weeks 5 hours ago

If you read the spell descriptions in detail you will find that the ones with a duration listed as "Basic" have some sort of special consideration. For Footfall, for example, the "basic" effect is to lower the temperature of a (fairly large?) body of water by one temperature "level". This is the use for which the "Basic" duration applies. There is also an alternative use described, however, that involves freezing a smaller quantity of water; a separate duration is described for this use of the spell.

In short - read the spell descriptions in detail, *including* the bonus effects for higher MLs. They all have "special cases" where they have duration noted this way - see also Calm of Sâris and Figure of Aúmos.

• Spell Duration   26 weeks 5 hours ago

• Harn Regional Maps - Discussion   27 weeks 5 days ago

Just noticed a glitch on the map after buying the CG5000-G1-Orbaal-Gyfyn Map.

In Grid G1, the island is split in half, like in the original Harn map. However the Interactive map has BÍJÔ ISLAND (SPÉJER ISLAND) has the island more to the east without splitting it between F1 & G1.

• Harn Regional Maps - Discussion   27 weeks 5 days ago

Just noticed a glitch on the map after buying the CG5000-G1-Orbaal-Gyfyn Map.

• Wondering   28 weeks 3 days ago

Sadly this seems to be no update and only one releasing stuff is CG.

Wish there was more here

• Wondering   28 weeks 3 days ago

Sadly this seems to be no update and only one releasing stuff is CG.

Wish there was more here

• Merge (Common ML)   28 weeks 6 days ago

Thanks for the example. I am not good at magic in any system, and one of my players is willing to help me figure SP out one piece at a time. This was something we couldn't wrap our heads around except as to rely on GM fiat.

• Merge (Common ML)   28 weeks 6 days ago

• Merge (Common ML)   29 weeks 14 hours ago

The idea of the Merge spell is to be a component in "experimental magic". You could use it, for example, to merge castings of the "Sanctum" and "Balm of Gresan" spells in the hope that you might find something that both acts as a Sanctum and also helps heal wounds while you are in it, or perhaps a Sanctum that gives some particular benefit when casting Balm of Gresan while in it. The results are undefined, and are subject to GM discretion/player-GM negotiation. You might also look at making Apocalypse World Engine style rolls to determine how close to what the mage actually wanted the result turns out to be...

• Merge (Common ML)   29 weeks 14 hours ago

• Weights & Measurements   30 weeks 4 days ago

Hi

I've always assumed that one Hârnic foot = one imperial (or US customary) foot = 0.3048m (metre). Venârivè (and Hârndex) are simply using historic measurements based on the: foot (foot); stride or pace (yard); length of a furrow [this is the distance a team of oxen can plough without resting] (furlong).

Although the league is an ancient measurement, it was usually about 3 miles, or one hour's walk. Making one Hârnic league = 4400 yards was a clever move (I suspect it was Robin's idea) as by this definition:

1 Hârnic league = 2.5 miles (exactly) = 4023.36m (exactly)

Rounding 4023.36m down to 4000m gives an error of 0.58%, which would be useless if you were trying to put a satellite in orbit, but for a group of characters walking or riding over two watches, it's good enough.

• Weights & Measurements   30 weeks 4 days ago

Hi

1 Hârnic league = 2.5 miles (exactly) = 4023.36m (exactly)

• Compatability   32 weeks 2 days ago

Yeah that's what my thought were.
    Pity the rules format makes it confusing, they should have highlighted additions/modifications to base rules imho.
    The change in format would allow you to mix n match the rules as you see fit, as they are not all products mix n match well, and to change/modify them, you have to become a rules wizard. That hampers the game sadly.
    This happened with D&D, as an example, where 2nd, 3rd, 4th, editions are atkin to CG's v3, gold would be 3rd, and the core rules 2nd edition. Leaving the st edition rules as "classic" syled rules.
    I get torn between supporting Kelestia & CG products, no matter which style or rule set you wish to use, it's more work than it should involve. The differences between products stem on their own paths, Kelestia is more akin to proper rules, whereas CG seems to go further on various fronts.
    It comes down to vision of their IP, I'd prefer to back KEL all the way with a few exceptions like map style. There should be some common ground. Sadly atm, it's like robin's vision is like Michael Angelo, Kelestia is like Van Gogh, and CG is google maps.
    Take another difference, HarnManor, the system is very useful and expands on the original, however in the usual CG manner, they inflate stats breaking feudal economic system. There needs to be some sort of primer for adjusting the level of economics, whereas the module is great, it does not justify a stagnant economic system that imho, breaks the realism. I mean, how does a manor is all the variety of Kingdoms vary using this system? Trade, production level, population, location, and social structure should adjust the pricing. It would be very beneficial to have a stand alone Economic rule book, that had a stack of data, adjustments, with the above mentioned pieces.
    ie. HarnManor put into an economic simulator such as Patrician IV, Grand Ages: Medieval, Port Royale 3, Banished, or even Anno 1404 - Dawn of Discovery: Venice, as examples. Economic flow should also vary depending on Land or Sea, the markets, ports, and the flow of goods should fluctuate within the Kingdoms, shires, towns and villages. If you use HarnManor to flesh out a new provincial area, you should be able to create a new addition to the economic model and over time, see shifts in which goods are in demand or decline. In turn, affecting the population and social order of the living world in each and every area.

• Compatability   32 weeks 2 days ago

Yeah that's what my thought were.

• Possible 2nd Account   33 weeks 5 days ago

I do know that the database died and had to be revived sometime back in the "00's". Contact Kelestia via the contact button and I am sure they can help you out.

• Possible 2nd Account   33 weeks 5 days ago

• Compatability   33 weeks 5 days ago

Harnmaster Gold is a update of Harnmaster 1st edition. It keeps a lot of the crunchy bits that were shaved off with Harnmaster 2nd and 3rd edition.
    Harnmaster Barbarians is fine, except that the invocations are arbitrary and sometimes down right silly. Same goes for Harnmaster Religion where Larani has better healing then Peoni.

Harnmaster Gold will not have any discrepancies with Harndex as Harndex is system neutral.

• Compatability   33 weeks 5 days ago

• Possible 2nd Account   34 weeks 6 hours ago

Because of the time period it would have been an account as zrayaan and probably using zrayaan@yahoo or *possibly* zrayaan.shopping@gmail (even possibly teak.shopping but I don't think I ever had that address). I do know it would have been prior to/circa 2004. I no longer have a paypal account under the zrayaan address, but I am nearly positive Kelestia didn't use that service at the time because I have pretty good records stemming from sales on ebay during that time.

And if I had to guess, I only bought HMG Player/GM and Lost Deities.

• Possible 2nd Account   34 weeks 6 hours ago

And if I had to guess, I only bought HMG Player/GM and Lost Deities.

• Compatability   34 weeks 2 days ago

What is wrong with HarnMaster Barbarians?

I'm also looking at HMG rules myself, so if you're trying to roll back the HMv3 rules you can waste a lot of time.

Just wish there was an article or simpler way to see the deviations and version of rules.

Run into the same thing for Harn Manor, the first version is simple, the expansion from CG moves towards their v3 rules. My concern with their version is the inflated data.

Will there ever be a "descrepencies with HarnMaster Gold" adjustment, maybe in the form of harndex?

• Compatability   34 weeks 2 days ago

What is wrong with HarnMaster Barbarians?

• Possible 2nd Account   35 weeks 20 hours ago

It may simply be because you bought them a very long time ago.
    I'm speculating, but I know that my orders go back to 09/09/08, and the orders I placed before then (all the HMG stuff, Chelemby Kingdom, Evanekin, Koladis, Ledenheim, AK folio 1 (and possibly more)) don't appear in my file downloads.
    -N-

• Possible 2nd Account   35 weeks 20 hours ago

It may simply be because you bought them a very long time ago.
    -N-